What happened to Jay?

Old November 14th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

Default USAF Gliders

"george" wrote in message
On Nov 14, 4:21 pm, "BT" wrote:
Why do you ask.. I am not a USAFA graduate, but I do instruct in gliders
and
a retired AF Flight Officer..
so my opinion.. use of gliders for various reasons..
instill discipline in the cockpit..
it takes a team to fly gliders.. it is not a "solo" event as flying
power..
instills team work.. there is no "I" in TEAM
teaches basic aerodynamics at minimal cost, with out distractions of
power
plant management, more "energy management

any other contributors?

Yup.
When that fan stops glider pilots have the skills to handle the
situation.

Perhaps compared to someone who NEVER practices power out maneuvers in a
powered aircraft, but not by much really.

Old November 14th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Nov 15, 8:34*am, george wrote:
On Nov 14, 4:21*pm, "BT" wrote:

Why do you ask.. I am not a USAFA graduate, but I do instruct in gliders and
a retired AF Flight Officer..
so my opinion.. use of gliders for various reasons..
instill discipline in the cockpit..
it takes a team to fly gliders.. it is not a "solo" event as flying power..
instills team work.. there is no "I" in TEAM
teaches basic aerodynamics at minimal cost, with out distractions of power
plant management, more "energy management

any other contributors?

Yup.
When that fan stops glider pilots have the skills to handle the
situation.

The glider accident record says otherwise...

Cheers
Old November 14th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Nov 15, 10:32*am, More_Flaps wrote:
On Nov 15, 8:34*am, george wrote:

On Nov 14, 4:21*pm, "BT" wrote:

Why do you ask.. I am not a USAFA graduate, but I do instruct in gliders and
a retired AF Flight Officer..
so my opinion.. use of gliders for various reasons..
instill discipline in the cockpit..
it takes a team to fly gliders.. it is not a "solo" event as flying power..
instills team work.. there is no "I" in TEAM
teaches basic aerodynamics at minimal cost, with out distractions of power
plant management, more "energy management

any other contributors?

Yup.
When that fan stops glider pilots have the skills to handle the
situation.

The glider accident record says otherwise...

We've had one recently
flew into rotor
Not in our records
Old November 15th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel[_2_]

Default What happened to Jay?

jeremy wrote:
Martin Hotze wrote:
jeremy schrieb:

BTW, which server and does it have alt.binaries.food

still no binaries; no excemption.
server is mine, check headers.

#m

Sorry, I deal with over 50 different groups as I am involved in a lot of
things and I did not remember you specifically. Some of the groups have
hundreds of on topic posts a day and many people on them are friends in
the meat world.
As I have yet to fly or eat with you it is difficult to put a memory tag
on you :-)

Unless I'm mistaken, Martin is in Austria, so it is somewhat unlikely
you've flown or eaten with him.

Old November 15th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

This is funny, it's like a really bad aviation Dr. Phil special.
Old November 15th 08, 09:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Bob Noel schrieb:
Unless I'm mistaken, Martin is in Austria, so it is somewhat unlikely
you've flown or eaten with him.

yes, I'm in Austria.

re flying: about 1 month ago I had the chance to come back in a cockpit.
I was in Pilsen, Czech Republic, and there is a small airfield. I had
the chance to copilot. Aircraft was a ultralight, namely a EV-97
Eurostar http://www.letecka-skola.cz/fotostr/06_01.jpg
see he
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.letecka-skola.cz%2Fstranky%2F06technika.html&sl=auto&tl=en
or http://shorl.com/ragryredrybryma

cool aircraft with neat performance.

#m
Old November 15th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
K l e i n[_2_]

On Nov 14, 11:04 am, jeremy wrote:
BT wrote:
it takes a team to fly gliders..

BT

This one I do not understand. Before launch and after landing maybe, but if I
am alone in the cockpit, there is not much help.
The other stuff makes sense, it just is not done that way in other countries.

JJ

All of USAFA's gliders are two place and, as far as I know, they
always fill both seats, even at aerobatic contests where the extra
weight does nothing good for performance.

Yes, USAFA's program is unique and wonderful, IMHO.

K l e i n
Old November 15th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

jeremy schrieb:
Not really as I managed 14 countries in Europe in the last year including Vien
for the Nuke Festival on the 19th of July and a couple of festivals in
Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Hungary, Czech Rep. and a quick trip to Slovenia,
most of which entailed driving or flying backwards and forwards through Austria.

So what? You for sure also haven't met many of my pilot friends there. I
don't really care much if you know me or not. :-)

#m
Old November 15th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "GetALifeMike" wrote in message
| What is it like living each day of your pathetic
| life as a Narcissistic Prick with a Napoleon
| complex Mike?
|
| Probably at least a few notches above being a groupie for what you just
| described, Okie.
|
| It is rather amusing that you've decided to show how truly pathetic you've
| become by nymshifting to prove your groupie status. I like it. Don't
| change.

Guess again dumb ass, can't you read a header.

Old November 15th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "GetALifeMike" wrote in message
| What is it like living each day of your pathetic
| life as a Narcissistic Prick with a Napoleon
| complex Mike?
|
| Probably at least a few notches above being a groupie for what you just
| described, Okie.
|
| It is rather amusing that you've decided to show how truly pathetic you've
| become by nymshifting to prove your groupie status. I like it. Don't
| change.

We heard your lame assed response the first time retard. Did you get stoned
and pass out on the send button again.