Tim's NZ Sailplane Grand Prix Reports

Old December 3rd 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_2_]

Default Tim's NZ Sailplane Grand Prix Reports

Hello All,
It's December and sailplane racing may be the farthest thing from your
mind right now. For those of you who need a vicarious racing fix, you
can follow my reports from the 2nd FAI World Sailplane Grand Prix Dec
17-28 in Omarama, NZ at www.echoyankee.com As the only U.S. pilot to
qualify for this event, I will be carrying the American and Texas
flags proudly!

This contest is in the grand prix racing format, summarized pretty
well by Susan in her blog post from the Qualification SGP in Russia
(Aug 2006) http://susanmcallister.blogspot.com/...cancelled.html

This contest will have extensive media coverage, with internet feeds
of all contest days and in-cockpit and chase plane coverage as well.
The competition will move to the resort town of Wanaka for Dec 27-28
for two days of exhibition racing, assuming we get a contest in at
Omarama. If not, those days will also be used for competition. I have
links to all of this and more on my site.
Tim McAllister
"EY"
Old December 3rd 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 3, 9:39 am, Tim wrote:
[...]

Excellent, looking forward to it! What a great way to spend
Christmas
Old December 4th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rocha

Anyone knows how to get this live internet feed? I've seen an article
mentioning there would be a free feed of low quality and a hight
quality one for 10USD, but at http://www.airsportslive.com all i get
is a loop from one page to the other, briefly mentioning that there
will be more news soon...

Ricardo

Old December 4th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan G

On Dec 4, 2:08 pm, rocha wrote:
Anyone knows how to get this live internet feed? I've seen an article
mentioning there would be a free feed of low quality and a hight
quality one for 10USD, but athttp://www.airsportslive.comall i get
is a loop from one page to the other, briefly mentioning that there
will be more news soon...

That's all I could find too, but it's still early - give them time.

Dan