Good places for lunch NE Florida?

Old May 13th 05, 03:52 AM
Doug Vetter

Default Good places for lunch NE Florida?

Hi all,

I'm flying from New Jersey down to Florida in the 172 next week and
would like to take my sister up for her first flight with me since the
day I got my license way back when. I figured we'd grab lunch on-field
somewhere, but my research (airnav and 100dollarhamburger) hasn't
revealed much in the way of "great" places to eat. So, I figured I'd
appeal to you folks.

Any recommendations for a nice eatery on an airport in the northeastern
quadrant of Florida, say an area bounded by the NE corner around
Jacksonville, west about 50 miles, down to Orlando, over to Melbourne
and back to Jax?

Thanks for any help,

-Doug

--------------------
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA

http://www.dvcfi.com
--------------------
Old May 13th 05, 04:32 AM
Jay Honeck

Any recommendations for a nice eatery on an airport in the northeastern
quadrant of Florida, say an area bounded by the NE corner around
Jacksonville, west about 50 miles, down to Orlando, over to Melbourne and
back to Jax?

There's a good restaurant on the field at Deland. We were just there in
March, and had a good, reasonably priced meal.

Lots of cool skydiving activity to watch, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 13th 05, 12:52 PM
OtisWinslow

Not exactly in the NE quadrant .. but the restaurant upstairs in the blue
FBO building at Lakeland is real good in my opinion.

Old May 13th 05, 09:18 PM
Chris Ehlbeck

There's a restaurant at well within walking distance (several hundred feet)
at New Smyrna Beach (KEVB). I think the name is Gumbo's. I haven't been
there myself but my parents who live near there say they've heard it can be
a little "pricey".
--
Chris Ehlbeck, PP-ASEL
"It's a license to learn, have fun and buy really expensive hamburgers."

Old May 13th 05, 10:17 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Doug Vetter wrote:

Hi all,

I'm flying from New Jersey down to Florida in the 172 next week and
would like to take my sister up for her first flight with me since the
day I got my license way back when. I figured we'd grab lunch on-field
somewhere, but my research (airnav and 100dollarhamburger) hasn't
revealed much in the way of "great" places to eat. So, I figured I'd
appeal to you folks.

Any recommendations for a nice eatery on an airport in the northeastern
quadrant of Florida, say an area bounded by the NE corner around
Jacksonville, west about 50 miles, down to Orlando, over to Melbourne
and back to Jax?

Thanks for any help,

-Doug

In addition to LAL, EVB, DeLand, St Augustine has a restaurant above the
FBO. Also, the outer Marker at Titusville (TIX) serves lunch.

Old May 17th 05, 08:25 PM
john smith

St Augustine.
Restaurant above the FBO overlooking the field.
Seating inside and outside.
Old May 17th 05, 09:32 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
john smith wrote:

St Augustine.
Restaurant above the FBO overlooking the field.
Seating inside and outside.

Also, Hijackers at Flagler County. A couple of the waitresses are dolls!

Sam's at Ocala, too.

Old May 18th 05, 01:42 AM
Joe Feise

john smith wrote on 5/17/2005 12:25:
St Augustine.
Restaurant above the FBO overlooking the field.
Seating inside and outside.

I second that.

-Joe
Old May 18th 05, 02:30 AM
john smith

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
Also, Hijackers at Flagler County. A couple of the waitresses are dolls!
Sam's at Ocala, too.

I forgot about Sam's. I stopped there two years ago enroute SNF. Wait
staff was good, food was good, interesting decor. Prices reasonable.
Old May 19th 05, 12:31 AM
gilan

Just look at this site for good places in Florida or anywhere in the USA
http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/fl.html
--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

.. .