Thrown out of an FBO...

Old November 21st 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Try MS Instant Messenger ? [was Thrown out of an FBO...]

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:22:15 GMT, Grumman-581
wrote in
:

and casts you personally in an unflattering light, IMHO

Well, I guess I'm just old enough that I don't really care about such
things...

Your clients and employers may not share your apathy.

Are you aware that all of the articles you post to Usenet are archived
for posterity, and prospective clients and employers who bother to do
a Google search for MICHAEL JEFFERSON SHELLEY will be treated to your
profanity, misanthropy, and general disdain for civility?

Old November 22nd 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

Default Thrown out of an FBO...

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 07:54:36 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
This conversation is no longer aviation related, so please take it to
another forum, perhaps alt.opinions.are.like.assholes

Welcome to USENET... Has anyone told you to **** off yet?

Today?

Day's young.

I believe in associating with class. Some of my best friends have been
thrown out of some of the best bars in town.

Ah...maybe that explains it! I keep getting thrown out of the sleazy dives
and ********s.

Did I mention that I got thrown out of a landfill once?

Al G

Old November 22nd 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

wrote:
This conversation is no longer aviation related, so please take it to
another forum, perhaps alt.opinions.are.like.assholes

Welcome to USENET... Has anyone told you to **** off yet?

Today?

Day's young.

I believe in associating with class. Some of my best friends have been
thrown out of some of the best bars in town.

Ah...maybe that explains it! I keep getting thrown out of the sleazy dives
and ********s.

Did I mention that I got thrown out of a landfill once?

Some of them are pretty particular about what you put in them. They
even make you sort your trash.

Al G

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old November 22nd 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

Default Thrown out of an FBO...(the landfill story)

wrote:

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:
This conversation is no longer aviation related, so please take it
another forum, perhaps alt.opinions.are.like.assholes

Welcome to USENET... Has anyone told you to **** off yet?

Today?

Day's young.

I believe in associating with class. Some of my best friends have been
thrown out of some of the best bars in town.

Ah...maybe that explains it! I keep getting thrown out of the sleazy
dives
and ********s.

Did I mention that I got thrown out of a landfill once?

Some of them are pretty particular about what you put in them. They
even make you sort your trash.

Al G

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Ok, Ok, if you insist...

A friend of mine died of Lung Cancer. His brother and I were making a
dump run in his truck to the local landfill. It was absolutely pouring rain,
and had been for a week. After paying at the front gate, we drove up to the
dump locations, and noticed a line of 20 trucks waiting to dump at dump
location #1.
I drove over to the "Community service volunteer", and rolled down the
window to ask a question.
She shouted "Get back in line, you're taking cuts".
I said, No, I'm not trying to cut, I just have a question.
"You have any questions, ask the F___king manager." she says.
"Can we use one of the other dump locations?" I insert.
"No, get back in line!", she responds.
Ok, so we drive to the back of the line, and use the 20 minutes to catch
up on old times, and relive some good times. When our turn came up, the
"volunteer" walked over and told us to use location #8. She made the next
guy wait until we were done, and only then could he begin to use dump
location #1.
On the way out, I was stopped by the "Manager", who said "You're in
violation of DEQ regulation 2364...."
I said "What on earth are you talking about."
He says "You threw a lit cigarette out of your truck, and could have set
the land fill on fire, and polluted the entire valley."
"Oh, come on, I don't even smoke. In fact I don't have any cigarettes" I
retorted.
"Well, it was probably the other gut in the truck." he says.
"He doesn't smoke either. In any case it has been raining steadily for
over a week, you couldn't set fire to this place with 500 gallons of jet
fuel and a propane torch." I replied and started back toward my friends
truck.
As I was walking off, he said "Did you have a question?"
"Yes", I replied, "How much intelligence does it take to mis-manage a
****in dump?"
"That's it", he said, "You're outa here. For LIFE. I have your license
number."

Cool, so he 86'ed my dead friends truck, for life. Well we went back to
the house, and had a small wake for my friend that evening. One of the guys
managed to get the basement door open, where we found some more trash, and a
dead cat. Great, so now someone has to make another dump run. Not me, of
course, I'VE been thrown out. A skydiver there said, "No problem, I have to
take the Super Cub* down to CEC tomorrow, I'll take the bag with me tonight,
and "Drop" it off tomorrow on the way. So he did. As I understand it, the
bag with the cat in it, missed the managers shack by 75 feet, and hit
directly in the center of the access road. The manager had said I couldn't
come back. He didn't say we couldn't drop stuff off.
Two years later, I re-registered the truck, and was asked if I wanted to
keep the current license number. Thinking back to the dump, I said
"Absolutely".

Al G

* required aviation content