Aircraft Carrier and airspace?

Old July 21st 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Aircraft Carrier and airspace?

On Jul 20, 7:49*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
Explain to you?

Not to me personally, but to the general public. *Since they haven't done
this, it's obvious that they messed up badly, and are too cowardly to admit
it.

"Obvious"?

"Cowardly"?

Simply because you don't know how to find information does not mean it
does not exist. The world extends past computer screens, you might
give it a try sometime.

Old July 21st 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jules

Robert M. Gary wrote:
It was the subject of an
investigation, not sure what happened with that though.

The Captain got a medal.

Old July 23rd 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
yod-yog+ais

On 7/21/2008 7:48 PM Mxsmanic ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

How about a pointer to this information, then?

Go find it yourself. Stupid people are too lazy to take the
initiative to seek it out for themselves.
Old July 25th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

Maybe it's "nothing"... after all just a few months ago a pair of
Russian
TU-95 Bear bombers overflew the USS Nimitz. One of them flew directly
over
the Nimitz at 2000 feet and no one shot them down.

And just how many weapons do you think were tracking that Bear the whole
time?

Nobodys gonna blink twice if they splash an airplane from the united
states of Cessna...

Keep in mind that while the bear was overflying our fleet, we'd been
flying nuclear armed bombers just outside their territorial limits for
years.. and until they had developed SAMs that could reach, we'd
violated and overflown their airspace with impunity for years. It was a
game with a KNOWN adversary.

A plane approaching that doesn't respond and is unidentified will be
making a bad gamble. Remember the Vincennes?