A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LXNAV introduces New ADI Air Data Indicator

Old November 8th 20, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Ackerson
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV introduces New ADI Air Data Indicator

I sure hope they launch a 80mm version!
Old November 8th 20, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]
external usenet poster

John Ackerson wrote on 11/8/2020 12:28 PM:
I sure hope they launch a 80mm version!

Contact them, tell how much you'd like that! The only difference would be a bigger case and
display, which they already have for the S100, S80, and V80.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us" to email me)
- "A Guide to Self-Launching Sailplane Operation"
https://sites.google.com/site/motorg...ad-the-guide-1
Old December 12th 20, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster

Hi,

I've been asked a lot whether the new LXNAV Airdata Indicator has a built-in backup battery. It doesn't. I'm glad because I'm not a fan of built-in backup batteries. They sit in unused for many months and then charge for the glider's main battery - reducing the main battery's ability to power everything else.

I have 2 recommended solutions for making sure the LXNAV Airdata Indicator is available when you need it.
- Use redundant main batteries that you can easily switch between. I use a Battery1/OFF/Battery2 switch in our glider.
- Use a AA battery pack and change the batteries once a year.

The Goddard-Cable-S3-Backup-Sw-1 wiring harness includes a battery pack for 8 AA batteries. It has an ON/OFF/Backup panel-mountable switch for manually switching from main battery power to the AA backup batteries. It is compatible with the LXNAV S3 variometer, LXNAV ADI (Airdata Indicator), and LXNAV G-Meter. I just finished testing it with the ADI and it ran with the backlight at full brightness for 11+ hours. You can see details he
https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/stor...s3-backup-sw-1

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 12th 20, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster

http://www.craggyaero.com/air_data_indicator.htm

Can also be used with LXNAV S3, and Air-Avionics Air Control display Altimeter.

Craggy Aero S3/ADI Backup Battery Pack Holds 8 AA batteries ON-OFF Panel switch will power the V3/ADI for approx 15 hrs.

Switch has 2 positions Main Glider battery, Backup battery.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old December 14th 20, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 8:54:52 AM UTC-8, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I've been asked a lot whether the new LXNAV Airdata Indicator has a built-in backup battery. It doesn't. I'm glad because I'm not a fan of built-in backup batteries. They sit in unused for many months and then charge for the glider's main battery - reducing the main battery's ability to power everything else.

I have 2 recommended solutions for making sure the LXNAV Airdata Indicator is available when you need it.
- Use redundant main batteries that you can easily switch between. I use a Battery1/OFF/Battery2 switch in our glider.
- Use a AA battery pack and change the batteries once a year.

The Goddard-Cable-S3-Backup-Sw-1 wiring harness includes a battery pack for 8 AA batteries. It has an ON/OFF/Backup panel-mountable switch for manually switching from main battery power to the AA backup batteries. It is compatible with the LXNAV S3 variometer, LXNAV ADI (Airdata Indicator), and LXNAV G-Meter. I just finished testing it with the ADI and it ran with the backlight at full brightness for 11+ hours. You can see details he
https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/stor...s3-backup-sw-1

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

There is certainly nothing inherently wrong with backup batteries; I ordered that option for my Garmin G5 PFD. The backup is a lithium battery that holds its charge well. Most importantly, I have vital flight data in the event of a main power failure.

Tom