A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Ah, Cowardice!

Old April 13th 21, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob W.
external usenet poster

Default Ah, Cowardice!

Stronger, apparently, than even skin color...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nnesot a.html

Old April 13th 21, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob W.
external usenet poster

Default Ah, Cowardice!

On 4/13/21 7:26 AM, Bob W. wrote:
Stronger, apparently, than even skin color...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nnesot a.html

Well...shoot! Please excuse the mis-send above.

Bob W.
Old April 13th 21, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek
external usenet poster

Default Ah, Cowardice!

That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!
Old April 14th 21, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Ah, Cowardice!

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.
Old April 14th 21, 11:39 AM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Apr 2019

Dated but good advice .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx12...dTheSpectrum08
Old April 14th 21, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Ah, Cowardice!

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:21:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly.. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

bumper (former Oakland PD)
Old April 15th 21, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade
external usenet poster

Default Ah, Cowardice!

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 1:38:37 PM UTC-7, bumper wrote:

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

So the penalty for resisting arrest is "summary execution"?

These aren't binary issues. It can be true that a person shouldn't resist arrest *and* that the officer responded with an inappropriate use of force at the same time.

The whole subject is a complicated, and involves nuanced set of interconnecting issues around socio-economics, race, culture, training and tactics employed by police, and more. Shouting simple statements online isn't going to solve it or improve the situation, or change minds.

--Noel
(Also: ask me how you're treated when you get pulled over and a police dispatcher fat-fingers your license and tells the officers you've got an open warrant for assaulting the police...)
Old April 15th 21, 11:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jordan[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Ah, Cowardice!

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 4:38:37 PM UTC-4, bumper wrote:

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

How about the case in VA? The redneck cop literally referenced "ride the lightning." To a soldier in uniform who was requesting a police supervisor, in a very calm tone with his hands visible. All for lack of visible license plate, which was visible under the light once stopped.

Too much first hand experience to believe "do what the cop says and everything will be fine." Sometimes the cops need to remember they exist to enforce the rules. Not make them.

Jordan (Former federal officer)
Old April 15th 21, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho
external usenet poster

Default Ah, Cowardice!

A "Liberal" is a "Conservative" who has been arrested. A "Conservative" is a "Liberal" who has been mugged.
Old April 15th 21, 05:19 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Aug 2010

I come from a family of lawyers. I think I have access to just about every well known legal practice except environmental law. I have Tax, Estate, Elder Law, Family Law, Transportation and Aviation law, Criminal Defense, Prosecution, Public Defender, Medical Malpractice, and Real Estate covered and a couple that my brother refers to as "Paper Hangers", (law degree but no practice,) in the extended family.

My brother (lawyer) told me to always do exactly as I was told and if there was something to which you might object, TELL IT TO THE JUDGE.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot.