Ah, Cowardice!

Old April 13th 21, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob W.

Default Ah, Cowardice!

Stronger, apparently, than even skin color...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nnesot a.html

Old April 13th 21, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob W.

On 4/13/21 7:26 AM, Bob W. wrote:
Stronger, apparently, than even skin color...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nnesot a.html

Well...shoot! Please excuse the mis-send above.

Bob W.
Old April 13th 21, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!
Old April 14th 21, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.
Old April 14th 21, 11:39 AM
Delta8 Delta8 is offline
Member

Location: Pa.

Dated but good advice .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx12...dTheSpectrum08
Old April 14th 21, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:21:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly.. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

bumper (former Oakland PD)
Old April 15th 21, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 1:38:37 PM UTC-7, bumper wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:21:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

bumper (former Oakland PD)

So the penalty for resisting arrest is "summary execution"?

These aren't binary issues. It can be true that a person shouldn't resist arrest *and* that the officer responded with an inappropriate use of force at the same time.

The whole subject is a complicated, and involves nuanced set of interconnecting issues around socio-economics, race, culture, training and tactics employed by police, and more. Shouting simple statements online isn't going to solve it or improve the situation, or change minds.

--Noel
(Also: ask me how you're treated when you get pulled over and a police dispatcher fat-fingers your license and tells the officers you've got an open warrant for assaulting the police...)
Old April 15th 21, 11:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jordan[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 4:38:37 PM UTC-4, bumper wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:21:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

bumper (former Oakland PD)

How about the case in VA? The redneck cop literally referenced "ride the lightning." To a soldier in uniform who was requesting a police supervisor, in a very calm tone with his hands visible. All for lack of visible license plate, which was visible under the light once stopped.

Too much first hand experience to believe "do what the cop says and everything will be fine." Sometimes the cops need to remember they exist to enforce the rules. Not make them.

Jordan (Former federal officer)
Old April 15th 21, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

A "Liberal" is a "Conservative" who has been arrested. A "Conservative" is a "Liberal" who has been mugged.
Old April 15th 21, 05:19 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

I come from a family of lawyers. I think I have access to just about every well known legal practice except environmental law. I have Tax, Estate, Elder Law, Family Law, Transportation and Aviation law, Criminal Defense, Prosecution, Public Defender, Medical Malpractice, and Real Estate covered and a couple that my brother refers to as "Paper Hangers", (law degree but no practice,) in the extended family.

My brother (lawyer) told me to always do exactly as I was told and if there was something to which you might object, TELL IT TO THE JUDGE.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot.

Cowardice -- has anyone noticed Americans fight from a distance Matt Wiser Military Aviation 0 September 10th 04 09:52 PM
Cowardice WaltBJ Military Aviation 1 April 25th 04 11:04 AM
Cowardice in Battle ArtKramr Military Aviation 31 July 6th 03 01:17 PM