Israel has demands for Syria, including dismantling Hezbolla

Old March 5th 05, 05:29 AM

Default Israel has demands for Syria, including dismantling Hezbolla

Israel has demands for Syria, including dismantling Hezbolla

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=30686

Old March 5th 05, 10:08 AM
Cub Driver

Given that much of the world is piling onto Assad right now, Israel
should let Bush do the heavy lifting. He has proved remarkably adept
at it. Not since the Soviet Union imploded have we seen such changes
in a part of the world that was closed up tight.

Crikey, even Schroeder and Chirac are climbing on board the bandwagon.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net
Old March 5th 05, 05:38 PM
old hoodoo

Cub Driver wrote:

Given that much of the world is piling onto Assad right now, Israel
should let Bush do the heavy lifting. He has proved remarkably adept
at it. Not since the Soviet Union imploded have we seen such changes
in a part of the world that was closed up tight.

Crikey, even Schroeder and Chirac are climbing on board the bandwagon.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net

I would suggest that regardless of some positive things (perhaps more
perception than reality as the pendelum never stops swinging) going on
in the middle east today, that there are also some seeds for future
trouble being sown.

No one predicted that 9/11 would occur as a consequence of the Gulf War.

Old March 6th 05, 12:00 AM
Jarg

"old hoodoo" wrote in message
I would suggest that regardless of some positive things (perhaps more
perception than reality as the pendelum never stops swinging) going on in
the middle east today, that there are also some seeds for future trouble
being sown.

No one predicted that 9/11 would occur as a consequence of the Gulf War.

What an incredibly negative attitude.

Jarg

Old March 6th 05, 07:41 AM
old hoodoo

Jarg wrote:

"old hoodoo" wrote in message

I would suggest that regardless of some positive things (perhaps more
perception than reality as the pendelum never stops swinging) going on in
the middle east today, that there are also some seeds for future trouble
being sown.

No one predicted that 9/11 would occur as a consequence of the Gulf War.

What an incredibly negative attitude.

Jarg

I tend to think about the little guy who gets screwed no matter who
wins. Every time the boat gets rocked, its the little people who fall
in the water.

Old March 6th 05, 08:40 AM
Jarg

"old hoodoo" wrote in message

Jarg wrote:

"old hoodoo" wrote in message

I would suggest that regardless of some positive things (perhaps more
perception than reality as the pendelum never stops swinging) going on in
the middle east today, that there are also some seeds for future trouble
being sown.

No one predicted that 9/11 would occur as a consequence of the Gulf War.

What an incredibly negative attitude.

Jarg

I tend to think about the little guy who gets screwed no matter who wins.
Every time the boat gets rocked, its the little people who fall
in the water.

How very empathetic of you.

Jarg

Old March 6th 05, 11:30 AM
Noah Little

old hoodoo wrote:
I tend to think about the little guy who gets screwed no matter who
wins. Every time the boat gets rocked, its the little people who fall
in the water.

The most helpful thing you can do for the "little people" is not to be
one of them.

Old March 6th 05, 10:13 PM
old hoodoo

Noah Little wrote:
old hoodoo wrote:

I tend to think about the little guy who gets screwed no matter who
wins. Every time the boat gets rocked, its the little people who fall
in the water.

The most helpful thing you can do for the "little people" is not to be
one of them.

Wishful thinking. The overwhelming majority of people in the world are
little people, even the folks that post on these newsgroups who think
what they post really has some impact on the world. These people have no
power to change the world around them...just spectators.

That doesn't abrograte the responsibility of those who become the movers
and the shakers...and the boat rockers. There are some movers and
shakers who are responsible, other reckless, while others are us
downright evil...but what I hate most is the hypocrisy...they never take
the blame for the bad stuff, they just take the bows when things work out.

All I am saying is that when things move (or are pushed) fast they tend
to move violently, and its innocents who suffer the most.

While movement is inevitable and things are going to change, I am not
going to jump up and down in celebration while things are going good
because I know that there is going to be a repercussion somewhere...the
same goes for bad things, I am not going to be wallowing in despair
either.

Old March 6th 05, 11:20 PM
Noah Little

old hoodoo wrote:
Noah Little wrote:
old hoodoo wrote:
[...]

You really miss my point. The best thing you could do for the "little
people" is to be a mover and shaker, and put into practice the things
you espouse. But candidly, you sound too imbued with negativity to
become one.
--
Noah