Congrats Gary Boggs 500K

Old July 14th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Cordell

Default Congrats Gary Boggs 500K

and our newest Diamond Badge Pilot! Auto Tow to start and one
impressive Save! You earned that Diamond!

http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....ml?dsId=943517

Old July 14th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Kemp

On Jul 14, 11:35*am, Paul Cordell wrote:
and our newest Diamond Badge Pilot! * Auto Tow to start and one
impressive Save! *You earned that Diamond!

http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....o.html?dsId=94....

126 meters above ground level for a save is very impressive!! Congrats
Old July 19th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

I just got back from the Alvord Desert. A little over a dozen of us
spent last week auto towing off of our jewel of a dry lake in the SE
corner of Oregon. Our longest flight was 603km by Rolf Koenenkamp.
Steve Rander was inspired by OLC and did hes first 500+km flight
ever! I flew around 2500km in 6 days! On the 17th, we had bases at
18,000ft. We soloed a new transition power pilot, and got several new
ground endorcements logged too! We do this every year and have been
having a had time getting enough people there to make it work. After
great days spent soaring, we sit in the hot tub, providedby nature and
look at some of the best star gazing anywhere in the USA. The dry
lake is at 4000ft agl, and Steens Mountain rises to a little over
10,000ft straight out of the western edge, with year round glaciers.
I'll post some more videos we took a little later.

Here's some info on The Alvord:

http://bit.ly/PwgMq