Pegasus 3,000 hour FAA lifetime limit update...

Old March 6th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeremy Zawodny

Default Pegasus 3,000 hour FAA lifetime limit update...

One of our French speaking club members has been bugging Centrair once
in a while to see what they can do about correcting the Pegasus 101s
"lifetime limit" in the USA.

He's not a RASer, so I'm posting his note below.

---snip---

I just talked to Centrair, and the situation has progressed!

They finally got a meeting with the DGAC and the STDA (Technical
Services for civil aviation) on February 12. The DGAC decided to start
the process to generate a new certification which will bring the life of
all the Pegasus world wide to 6000 hours, extendable to 12000 hours.
This will reduce the existing life for some and extend it for others.

Now, the process involves making some technical assessment on the
gliders and other stuff she was not completely familiar with, but the
next step is a new meeting in June with these results. She figured it
will take until the end of the year for the certification to be out.

I then asked if there is anything the FAA can do in the meantime to
allow us to fly the glider, since the decision has been made to proceed
with these 6000 hours. She did not know if Greg was involved in the
discussions and said that I should take this matter directly with him.

I am planning to call him with this news and find out if he was present
at the meeting or informed about it. I also will ask about letting us to
fly this year, since the new certification is on its way.

---snip---

It is, of course, unlikely that the FAA will agree to let the ships fly
before all the official paperwork is done, but that's the story as we
know it today.

Meanwhile, if you're interested in a 4,200 Pegasus in good condition, I
have a deal for you... Seriously.

Jeremy
Old March 6th 07, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sally W

At 00:48 06 March 2007, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
One of our French speaking club members has been bugging
Centrair once
in a while to see what they can do about correcting
the Pegasus 101s
'lifetime limit' in the USA.

He's not a RASer, so I'm posting his note below.

snip

RAS is a Usenet group,unlike URAS which seems only
to exist on GliderPilot. Anyone can post to it, and
anyone can read it via Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...soaring/topics

Old March 6th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeremy Zawodny

Sally W wrote:
At 00:48 06 March 2007, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
One of our French speaking club members has been bugging
Centrair once
in a while to see what they can do about correcting
the Pegasus 101s
'lifetime limit' in the USA.

He's not a RASer, so I'm posting his note below.

snip

RAS is a Usenet group,unlike URAS which seems only
to exist on GliderPilot. Anyone can post to it, and
anyone can read it via Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...soaring/topics

Nobody said he "couldn't" post, simply that he doesn't.

Jeremy
Old March 6th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mar 5, 4:42 pm, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
[...]

At least some progress. I take the 6000 hours limit with possibility
of extending its life to 12000 hours without any bitching. But I would
like to see if the FAA will permit the Pegs with 3000+ hours to get
airborne. I also think that the price of Pegs will go up some. Well, I
am not going to hold my breath until things are done and on paper in
my hands but still, this is a good news.

Jacek
Washington State

Old March 9th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan G

On Mar 6, 12:42 am, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
Meanwhile, if you're interested in a 4,200 Pegasus in good condition, I
have a deal for you... Seriously.

Jeremy

Jeremy, have you sold the one you listed for $20,000?

Dan

Old March 9th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeremy Zawodny

Dan G wrote:
On Mar 6, 12:42 am, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
Meanwhile, if you're interested in a 4,200 Pegasus in good condition, I
have a deal for you... Seriously.

Jeremy

Jeremy, have you sold the one you listed for $20,000?

Not yet... Interested? :-)

Jeremy