I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 28th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
i have
contempt for the ignorant, though. And by the ignorant, I mean that
in the truest sense of the word. Those who do not want to know...

You might notice I;m not rude to more than a select few and they,
quite literally, ask for it.

Find a dictionary. Look up the definition of "literally". It doesn't
mean what you think it means.

Oh it means exactly what I think it means. And I meant exactly what I
said.

You don't strike me as the sort of person who engages in
self-contempt, though. You are probably just confused by your own
motivations and rationalizations.

Mebbe, but I doubt it. In any case, I'm not rationalising.

Bertie

Old May 28th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 28 May 2008 00:00:51 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks

Old May 28th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Jim Logajan

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
i have
contempt for the ignorant, though. And by the ignorant, I mean that
in the truest sense of the word. Those who do not want to know...

You might notice I;m not rude to more than a select few and they,
quite literally, ask for it.

Find a dictionary. Look up the definition of "literally". It doesn't
mean what you think it means.

Oh it means exactly what I think it means. And I meant exactly what I
said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilvy7Ob6fZ0

I think you made the common mistake of using "literally" when you meant
"figuratively". But maybe you didn't just totally futz that up and can show
me to be pathetically wrong. All you have to do is provide, say, a Google
Groups archive link to a message where some ignoramous posted to
rec.aviation.piloting and literally asked you to be rude to them. Of course
I'll be kind and not ask for proof that you got "literal" requests from
everyone you've been rude to (e.g. "Mxsmanic", Jay Honeck, "Maxwell", and
whoever else you rag on.)
Old May 28th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Jim Logajan

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
I don;t have to show anything.

Is there some sort of prize awarded when one gets a person to respond with
that sentence? Anybody know?

Oh, yeah, the lame attempt at froup snipping...

I wouldn't.

You give yourself good advice. Eliding groups from the Newsgroups header
isn't right for everyone - ask your doctor if it's right for you.
Old May 28th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.2600,alt.religion.asatru
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

gregvk wrote in news:Xns9AABC96B422ADC169A47EE56072@
127.0.0.1:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:g1icla$8o3$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
I don;t have to show anything.

Is there some sort of prize awarded when one gets a person to

respond
with that sentence? Anybody know?

Of course.

Oh, yeah, the lame attempt at froup snipping...

I wouldn't.

You give yourself good advice. Eliding groups from the Newsgroups
header isn't right for everyone - ask your doctor if it's right for
you.

Moi? I never snip froups.

As to the "literal" thing. someone who jumps into a shark's mouth is

not
wht you might call a figurative fjukkwit.

Bertie

"Jim Logjam" is a funny name.

That's what I'd name my kid if I wanted to make sure he got teased by
other kids to the point of turning into a word class loser with severe
psychological problems.

hmm, it wouldn't help, would it?

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.2600,alt.religion.asatru
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

gregvk wrote in news:Xns9AABCFF9AD6A6C169A47EE56072@
127.0.0.1:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:g1idoe$bfd$1

@

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
[...]

"Maxwell" would be another name that would guarantee nonstop ridicule.

kinda redundant in his case

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:49:40 -0500, Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

Michael wrote:

You know, MX is simply the far end of the curve. I've seen lots of
students/potential students here asking questions. It was far from
rare that they got incomplete, internally inconsistent, and otherwise
problematic replies - almost invariably from certificated pilots.
Those that had the temerity to question the reply caught ****.

I can not remember once where a true student or a potential student that
caught **** in this forum.

That's pathetically funny.
Old May 28th 08, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Tue, 27 May 2008 22:49:51 -0500, Kevin Horner wrote:

While I do not have any licenses in aviation, or formal training in
aerodynamics, I do know calculus, Newtonian physics, and theory of
gases, ...and the explanation simply did not make sense to me, not
even as a shallow-but-still-theoretically-truthful answer.

So is that supposed to make you especially qualified to know what the
truth is? Are you the only person on the planet who knows calculus,
Newtonian physics and the theory of gases?

Yeah, that's what he said, right?
Old May 28th 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Tue, 27 May 2008 22:49:51 -0500, Kevin Horner wrote:

Welcome to the Internet. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the
kitchen.

Is that copyrighted? Can I use it? Will you sue, Sue?
Old May 28th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On May 27, 11:42*pm, Michael
wrote:
On May 22, 9:12*pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

Ph.D.?

Yes.

Chemistry or?

Chemical Engineering.

My boss is a chem eng. he said he would make an engineer out of me
one day.
I told him to **** off , I aint having no labotomy.
Terry
PhD Chemistry
( he's still the boss :) )

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM