NetJets Layoff

Old June 29th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default NetJets Layoff

NetJets laid off an undisclosed number of employees yesterday in at
least the Ohio offices.

The employees (some as long as seven years) arrived at work yesterday
and were called into meetings where they were told their positions no
longer existed, their benefits end on Friday (June 30th), given a
document outlining the terms of their 'voluntary resignation', and
given an hour to remove their personal property. Two I spoke to said
they were not even assisted removing their belongings, or provided with
boxes/carts or anything. Their access badges were taken, so it was a
one trip deal.

I've seen people fired for 'just cause' get better treatment than these
'voluntary resignees' received.

Perhaps with Warren Buffet's recent donation to the Gate's Foundation,
he has lost concern for his human resources. But then again, they are
voluntarily resigning, so it's not really a layoff, right?

Old June 29th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hell I thought they were hiring.

DW

Old June 29th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

My employer is 100% owned by Berkshire and I can tell you that Buffet and/or
Berkshire is extremely hands-off on daily operational matters and policies.
Fundamentally, Berkshire expects its divisions to obey all legal
requirements, provide certain report to corporate HQ, and generate at least
a certain return on assets. That is slightly oversimplified, but the bottom
line is that senior management of the various business units have
near-autonomy in handling daily operations and making strategic decisions
for their businesses. It is doubtful that Berkshire has any knowledge of
how the release of these employees was handled.

KB

Old June 30th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

A friend was given notice at 4:00 PM Tuesday afternoon. No explaination
was given for the layoff, only that it was not performance related. This
was a top management level employee.
The local news organizations have not yet picked up the story.
Old June 30th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

depending what was in the contract they signed... I'm sure a few lawyers
will be interested in these "voluntary resignations"..

that means they can't collect un employment benefits

BT

oups.com...

Old June 30th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"BTIZ" wrote in message
depending what was in the contract they signed... I'm sure a few lawyers
will be interested in these "voluntary resignations"..

It would be interesting to hear the whole story, not just one side.

that means they can't collect un employment benefits

BT

oups.com...

Old July 3rd 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Doe[_1_]

"john smith" wrote in message
A friend was given notice at 4:00 PM Tuesday afternoon. No explaination
was given for the layoff, only that it was not performance related. This
was a top management level employee.
The local news organizations have not yet picked up the story.

That's cause there is NO story.

It's called life.

Old July 3rd 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

The local news organizations have not yet picked up the story.

That's cause there is NO story.
It's called life.

It is a story when a company owned by Warren Buffett is supposedly doing
well profit-wise suddenly, without explaination lays off scores of
employees. It raises questions about managements honesty and integrety.
The stockholders would certainly have an interest in knowing.
Old July 3rd 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_1_]

"john smith" wrote in message
The local news organizations have not yet picked up the story.

That's cause there is NO story.
It's called life.

It is a story when a company owned by Warren Buffett is supposedly doing
well profit-wise suddenly, without explaination lays off scores of
employees. It raises questions about managements honesty and integrety.

It raises questions, but the ones you post are flat out paranoid and NOYDB!

The stockholders would certainly have an interest in knowing.

Well, you think maybe the management will let them know without having to
blab to the media?

Old July 3rd 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Aparently a senior manager (executive level) told them in a meeting
earlier in the month that there would be no layoffs, nobody would be
losing their job. He then was the one to notify at least some of them
of their 'voluntary' resignation.

I haven't seen the resignations that were wrote for them so I can't
confirm this, but I heard they also disallowed any future employment
with the company.

It's getting complicated...

Let's see...

They make me quit, agreeing that it was my idea. I'm quitting because
my job was eliminated, it was not in any way performance related... And
I agree that I can never work for NetJets again in the future.

The lawyers are going to have a field day with this....