Tropics Are Heating Up.

Old July 30th 20, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Tropics Are Heating Up.

As we get closer to August the tropics are showing those typical late summer cyclone development possibilities. There is one on the horizon for early Sunday, so I guess it is time to put the gliders in the box and store on a secure location. Our club will be securing all gliders and I will take the tow planes to a secure location to weather the storm. Now I am headed to the store to grab a few more bottles of rum and more ammunition in case the crazies try to loot. Bob
Old July 31st 20, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Yeah well we’re in forest fire season in the NW.
Old July 31st 20, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Charles Longley wrote on 7/30/2020 8:37 PM:
Yeah well we’re in forest fire season in the NW.

Happily, fewer than normal so far.

Old July 31st 20, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 6:24:28 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
As we get closer to August the tropics are showing those typical late summer cyclone development possibilities. There is one on the horizon for early Sunday, so I guess it is time to put the gliders in the box and store on a secure location. Our club will be securing all gliders and I will take the tow planes to a secure location to weather the storm. Now I am headed to the store to grab a few more bottles of rum and more ammunition in case the crazies try to loot. Bob

Looks like things are changing rapidly and we are sure to get some high winds and rains starting tomorrow. I spent the day at the gliderport making sure everything was secured and all gliders were in the hangar. I took the ASW24 and the 27 to the house to store in the hangar at home. Mother nature is certainly hard to beat. Bob
Old August 1st 20, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

"The Fonz" would likely be looking to ridge soar the hotels near Miami.....LOL....best wishes to you peeps in FL in near future.....
Bob, Neal sent you my contact info, would like a nice chat soon....
Old August 1st 20, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 8:37:41 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
"The Fonz" would likely be looking to ridge soar the hotels near Miami.....LOL....best wishes to you peeps in FL in near future.....
Bob, Neal sent you my contact info, would like a nice chat soon....

Never got the info, shoot me a text at 772453999

Old August 2nd 20, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 5:48:33 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

Things seemed to be much less of an impact than expected. Only moderate winds and some rain, but the precautions will certainly pay off next time. Bob
Old August 3rd 20, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Bob Youngblood wrote on 8/2/2020 3:01 PM:
[...]

Do you ever sleep in the hangar when a storm is coming?

Old August 3rd 20, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 7:30:52 PM UTC-4, Eric Greenwell wrote:
[...]

Not in the hangar, but I have been in a closet surrounded by pillows and blankets with a nice bottle of rum. It really isn't fun when the winds reach 135 and things are flying all over the place. In 2004 I had my restored J3 cub in a hangar and at the last moment I decided to move it to a better location. That was a smart move, the next morning after the storm passed the hangar that I moved from had collapsed onto two other planes destroying both, my old J3 survived and still going strong. Bob

Heating the hanger Gig 601XL Builder Owning 50 December 20th 05 04:13 PM
Cherokee 180 dash heating problem Chuck Owning 6 December 8th 04 12:33 AM
continuous carburettor heating? Rob Turk Home Built 9 September 5th 04 03:45 PM
Shock *Heating*? Jay Honeck Owning 48 February 25th 04 04:43 PM
Pre-heating Charles Talleyrand Owning 10 December 31st 03 07:35 PM