Condor 2

Old July 26th 20, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Condor 2

I bought Condor 2 and intended to run 3 monitors because it's how I've run sims with other well known programs with zero issues. The computer it's on is not one purchased at a retail store front outlet. It was purpose built and flew/flies X-plane just dandy with no problems whatsoever. Two bridged SLI GTX 750 TI OC with 4gb a piece, it really, really runs just fine.

Except with Condor 2.

In single monitor mode everything operates as it ought to.

In multiple monitor mode (3x70) it loads and runs the simulation fine but on exit it freezes and will not redraw the menu that is displayed immediately prior to simulation. Every file saves normally. The flight track, the pilot log, etc etc, a nauseum. Every freaking one of them saves fine.

Why do I make it a point to mention that?

Because the canned response I've gotten twice from Condor support is that it's a ransomware setting.

For the sake of avoiding a protracted effort to reach a conclusion, I turned off completely every ransomware setting there is. There is none. I posted a screen cap on the condor forum that even shows it and also posted the security and performance (Windows 10) logs that show it's crashing when it's closed the sim and is UNSUCCESSFULLY trying to redraw the menu.

support@condor is now unresponsive both in the forums and by email.

While it's a great product while it's running, when you're trying to do lessons it's not all that much fun to deal with this bug.

Old July 27th 20, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

I can't help with this issue but using TrackIR 4 or 5 is a good way to get better viewing than 3 monitors for not much money or hassle.
Old July 27th 20, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Ethridge

Personally, I love my Oculus Rift VR headset.
Old July 28th 20, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

support@condor is now unresponsive both in the forums and by email.

Condor has always had lousy or no support. Your are totally on your own after purchase! When I upgraded to a new computer years ago, Condor refused to recognize my rudder pedals. Even though the computer diagnostics showed that it recognized them and they work perfectly! I contacted Condor, Condor forums, Cumulus Soaring and anyone I could find that used Condor extensively.. Most did not even respond and no one else had a clue why it did not work.
It still does not work to this day so I must fly with auto-rudder on.
Old July 28th 20, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 7:55:46 PM UTC-5, Soartech wrote:
support@condor is now unresponsive both in the forums and by email.

Condor has always had lousy or no support. Your are totally on your own after purchase! When I upgraded to a new computer years ago, Condor refused to recognize my rudder pedals. Even though the computer diagnostics showed that it recognized them and they work perfectly! I contacted Condor, Condor forums, Cumulus Soaring and anyone I could find that used Condor extensively. Most did not even respond and no one else had a clue why it did not work.
It still does not work to this day so I must fly with auto-rudder on.

That sort of defeats the purpose. Rudders are half the equation and I'd kick it to the curb before I'd fly it without them.

Support finally answered but didn't bother reading what I'd tried already. I disable SLI bridge because it was painfully apparent Condor 2 cannot address bridged GPUs. I went the extra mile and solely for Condor 2 removed the second GPU since it can't do a damn thing with it anyways. Same result.

When you exit the sim it 'flushes' memory to free up resources. Somewhere between hitting the master flush button and where it redraws the submenu for flight lessons/free flight/etc etc it tanks. So after each and every lesson I have to use task manager to kill the process off completely then reload it.

I did spring for an IR head tracker. That does seem to be the least expensive fix for now until the price on Oculus starts to drop. IMNSHO the Oculus should do a better job of building habits (turning head to check pattern position angles, etc etc) so probably well worth the money.

For fun we tried it on a 32 bit version of Windows 10. Same result. Tanks in exactly the same spot every time exiting the simulation. Oh well. Nice program but needs work.

Old July 29th 20, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 4:32:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Start swapping hardware (including the computer itself-borrowed and the input devices), until it works. Sounds like it is specific to your setup.

Matt
Old August 5th 20, 06:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 10:20:47 AM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
[...]

Matt,

The problem has been duplicated on three different gaming computers now, two of mine and a third that belongs to Michael Hoover. We've had no issues running x3 monitors on X-plane or Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold. They run flawlessly. Both of mine pass Dxdiag with flying colors.

So I guess you are running three monitors and it exits just fine?

Old August 5th 20, 08:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op dinsdag 28 juli 2020 02:55:46 UTC+2 schreef Soartech:
support@condor is now unresponsive both in the forums and by email.

Condor has always had lousy or no support. Your are totally on your own after purchase! When I upgraded to a new computer years ago, Condor refused to recognize my rudder pedals. Even though the computer diagnostics showed that it recognized them and they work perfectly! I contacted Condor, Condor forums, Cumulus Soaring and anyone I could find that used Condor extensively. Most did not even respond and no one else had a clue why it did not work.
It still does not work to this day so I must fly with auto-rudder on.

They worked with Condor in the past? Are you sure you have the latest driver from the manufacturer? Condor recognizes almost everything I throw at it.