Deregistration process help

Old August 21st 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dico

Default Deregistration process help

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me a step by step process that is
required to de-register an N# plane. I'm in canada and need to let the
gentleman in the US know the process. Somehow I doubt this happens
automagically!

Links to an FAA site would be great.

Thanks,

-dr

Old August 21st 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave S

Dico wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me a step by step process that is
required to de-register an N# plane. I'm in canada and need to let the
gentleman in the US know the process. Somehow I doubt this happens
automagically!

Links to an FAA site would be great.

Thanks,

-dr

Lets see.. I could tell you to just google it.. but that would be too crass.

The FAA website is www.faa.gov.
Click on Aircraft Registration
Then click on Export an aircraft
There are step by step instructions there on how to do what you want.

I'm genuinely surprised you were unable to find it on your own..

Good luck with your purchase and import.
Dave
Old August 21st 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dico

Thanks Dave...

Oh, i never said I looked. I find the FAA site chalk full of info and
hard to make sense of it all. Even the link that you sent me to has
some information... but could be more useful with links to the PDF
forms.

I find it is much easier to post a message online here and have someone
like yourself, who may have been through this process numerous times,
respond with just a link to the right section.

Thanks for you help,

-dr

Old August 22nd 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave S

Dico wrote:
Thanks Dave...

I find it is much easier to post a message online here and have someone
like yourself, who may have been through this process numerous times,
respond with just a link to the right section.

Thanks for you help,

-dr

I've never ever been through that process. I simply went to the website,
saw a link.. clicked.. saw another link.. clicked.

It's amazing what happens when you look, first.

Your welcome.