Flying pants

Old June 16th 20, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rudolph stutzmann

Default Flying pants

I've had a pair of the Duluth dry on the fly shorts for years, I'd recommend them. Multiple good sized pockets, comfortable, and the cargo pocket with side zippers are easy to access in flight.
Old June 17th 20, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 3:40:48 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7:58:29 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My Royal Robbins are finally dying. What have you guys liked in long convertible pants with good pockets for todays bigger phones?

Thanks

Kevin
92

What is wrong with a pair of shorts commando style and flip flops and a Tommy Bahama shirt. Bob

Dress to egress. If you have to step out of your glider over the mountains you will in short order wished you have given thought on how to dress.
Old June 17th 20, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

On Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 12:36:41 PM UTC-6, Mike N. wrote:
Seriously? $100 for a pair of MC Hammer pocket pants?
LMAO

Yeah but if you have flying pants you don't need a glider.
Old June 20th 20, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler

On Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 5:40:48 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7:58:29 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My Royal Robbins are finally dying. What have you guys liked in long convertible pants with good pockets for todays bigger phones?

Thanks

Kevin
92

What is wrong with a pair of shorts commando style and flip flops and a Tommy Bahama shirt. Bob

I thought everybody flew that way?
Old June 20th 20, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Cargo pants are like the Ray Ban case on the belt. Darn convenient but only used by “Mature” men.
Old June 20th 20, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

On Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:03:24 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Cargo pants are like the Ray Ban case on the belt. Darn convenient but only used by “Mature” men.

And cargo shorts?
Old June 20th 20, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I used to wear shorts until I started flying in the high teens...

--
Dan, 5J
Old June 22nd 20, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I love the Sahara Roll-up pants from REI. They have zippered cargo pockets on both sides. I keep essentials in them that I would not want to not lose in a bail-out. They also have these neat waist cinches that make a belt unnecessary. When it's hot on the ground, I roll up the legs to below my knees, and I roll them down before takeoff.

https://www.rei.com/product/158172/r...-up-pants-mens

I have some of the Colombia cargo pants that are similar, but inferior. Only one of the side pockets is zippered; the other has a tiny piece of velcro that would blow right open in a bail out. The lower legs unzip, but I find that much less convenient than rolling them up.
Old June 22nd 20, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

On Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 9:38:41 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I love the Sahara Roll-up pants from REI.

Roll-up is a good idea.* I was thinking that throwing all style (decorum) aside, pant legs that had a zipper running up the *front* of the legs would provide a lot of flexibility.
Old August 5th 20, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SS

I've been wearing these for soaring and towing. Like ‘em. Not convertible. Mine have 10 pockets, including the three on each thigh. One keeps a cell phone perfectly. To keep bugs and stuff out at a field, use blousing bands, if you don't care about looking extra dorky.

https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Auth...59045& sr=8-2

Soaring pants. Yes, pants. Auxvache Soaring 18 February 15th 16 08:48 AM
Flying Pants designed for relief in flight [email protected] Soaring 16 May 21st 09 10:59 PM
Wheel pants Bob F.[_2_] Piloting 14 September 16th 08 06:56 PM
'Speed Pants'... .Blueskies. Home Built 14 December 14th 05 05:02 AM
Fancy Pants Nyal Williams Soaring 3 November 21st 04 03:45 PM