FAA Permanently Revokes Pilot's License over ADS-B

Old May 14th 21, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Semantics Michael

Default FAA Permanently Revokes Pilot's License over ADS-B

Power pilot accused of intentionally turning off ADS-B out to cloak a different infraction (flying under a bridge). This was not a license suspension, it was a life-time revocation by the FAA (After 60yrs of flying, she'll have to start over from scratch). Pilot acknowledges the bridge incident (caught on security camera), but claims she did not disable the instrument. Keep in mind, all your ADS-B data is stored and can be viewed by anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYRqASMuo_g

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...-b-revocation/
Old May 16th 21, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 8:24:23 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Power pilot accused of intentionally turning off ADS-B out to cloak a different infraction (flying under a bridge). This was not a license suspension, it was a life-time revocation by the FAA (After 60yrs of flying, she'll have to start over from scratch). Pilot acknowledges the bridge incident (caught on security camera), but claims she did not disable the instrument. Keep in mind, all your ADS-B data is stored and can be viewed by anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYRqASMuo_g

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...-b-revocation/

This is a good news/bad news story. The good news is that if you have ADS-B installed (and I do) you get free flight tracking vs paying for InReach or Spot. The bad news is Big Brother is watching you - full time. I had one recent flight that took me around a restricted area which is broken into 8 different sections, and usually only a few are active on any given day. Will the FAA bother to check which ones were active before citing you, forcing you to prove yourself innocent (which could take months)?

Tom
Old May 16th 21, 09:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 12:23:38 AM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
[...]

Andy, you of all people should know which sections of the restricted area are hot prior to takeoff. It is very easy to call the area Mission Desk and you will be advised of which areas are hot or cold and the UTC time of activity, Here in Vero Beach we have a great relationship with Miami Center and a couple of months ago I was called and asked if we had gliders in the area of a certain class B, of course we did not, but if you are that stupid to knowingly violate that critical airspace or of a hot restricted area then maybe you should reconsider the ADSB instillation. Spend a few bucks and go back to using the SPOT, if things are that tight let me know and I will advance you a few bucks. Old Bob
Old May 16th 21, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 4:28:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

It's only ATC that would notice an airspace incursion & initiate an investigation and you can bet they know which areas are hot.
Old May 16th 21, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 1:28:08 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Hey Rob, you, as usual are BLOWING SMOKE and are BARKING up the wrong tree.
Old May 16th 21, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 8:37:03 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

How do you know that "only ATC" would initiate an investigation? Anybody on the ground or air could contact the FAA about a suspected incursion. And once contacted, the FAA WILL investigate. This story is scary because the FAA considers you guilty until you prove yourself innocent which may take months.

Tom
Old May 16th 21, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

On Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 17:40:59 UTC+1, 2G wrote:
[...]

A former bridge near where I live (in the UK) was nicknamed Spitfire Bridge, for a 1941 exploit, though it now seems the aircraft was a Curtiss Tomahawk.

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/...ter-bypass.jpg
https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/...pitfire_Bridge

If ADSB or other surveillance had existed in those days, it seems pretty certain the signal would temporarily be lost from most directions, as the flight path is below much of the surrounding land

I doubt that many us aspire to exuberance or hooliganism on quite that scale
Old May 16th 21, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sun, 16 May 2021 10:16:01 -0700, andy l wrote:

I doubt that many us aspire to exuberance or hooliganism on quite that
scale

I dunno - there is always Jack Currie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Currie_(RAF_officer)
who loved low flying - usually in Halifaxes and Mosquitos.

His books are worth reading: especially 'Lancaster Target', 'Mosquito
Victory' and 'Wings Over Georgia', which all deal with much more than
just wartime operations.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old May 17th 21, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 2:59:22 PM UTC-4, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 16 May 2021 10:16:01 -0700, andy l wrote:

I doubt that many us aspire to exuberance or hooliganism on quite that
scale

I dunno - there is always Jack Currie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Currie_(RAF_officer)
who loved low flying - usually in Halifaxes and Mosquitos.

His books are worth reading: especially 'Lancaster Target', 'Mosquito
Victory' and 'Wings Over Georgia', which all deal with much more than
just wartime operations.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Only ATC knows in real time what's hot and not. The schedule as NOTAMed is meaningless.
Old May 17th 21, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JAB

On Sat, 15 May 2021 21:23:35 -0700 (PDT), 2G
wrote:

Big Brother is watching you

Become a military pilot...they will turn tracking off, when they
choose.