Finally -- sunshine!

Old January 13th 05, 08:31 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Finally -- sunshine!

After weeks and weeks of clag, freezing rain, snow, sleet, and low ceilings,
the sun is finally beaming down brightly upon Iowa

....but the winds are 28 knots, gusting higher...

....and are not aligned with any runways...

....which are ice covered...

....and the temperature is plummeting...

ARRGGGGHHHH!

Had the day off, too...

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 13th 05, 08:33 PM
Bob Noel

In article 8UAFd.4145$IV5.3721@attbi_s54,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

...but the winds are 28 knots, gusting higher...

...and are not aligned with any runways...

...which are ice covered...

which makes landings with the crab in a little easier, no?

:-)

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like

Old January 13th 05, 09:08 PM
Jon Kraus

Can you ever be happy Jay!! :-) Actually in Indiana it wil be clear
tomorrow and last for a few days...

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
'79 Mooney 201 Triple43Hotel

Old January 13th 05, 10:01 PM
Paul kgyy

Still snowing in Chicago (TAF last night was for 5000 broken :-( - TAFS
seem to be pure guesswork lately) but forecast to clear overnight so I
hope I can fly to DuPage for my annual. Bitter cold, so I'll probably
have to preheat for 2 hours first - At least great performance on
takeoff.

Old January 13th 05, 11:29 PM
Icebound

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
After weeks and weeks of clag, freezing rain, snow, sleet, and low
ceilings, the sun is finally beaming down brightly upon Iowa

...but the winds are 28 knots, gusting higher...

...and are not aligned with any runways...

...which are ice covered...

...and the temperature is plummeting...

ARRGGGGHHHH!

Had the day off, too...

:-(
--

I told you befo Friday... FRIDAY!!!

Old January 14th 05, 12:23 AM
Jack Allison

Oh, you want sunshine *and* cooperative winds? Man, some people! :-)

Hang in there Jay, you'll get some better weather sometime before
Oshkosh this year :-)

We're finally drying out from all the rain...now, it's foggy in the
mornings. Should be fun as I head out to the airport tonight and
Saturday for more instrument lessons.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student, airplane partnership student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old January 14th 05, 01:16 AM
jsmith

I am thinking about flying Friday morning and seeing how much is flooded
around me.
Old January 14th 05, 06:57 AM

I HATE RAIN!!!!!!

~ Lynn

Old January 14th 05, 05:07 PM
Jim Burns

No rain here.... it's -10F
Jim

wrote in message
oups.com...
I HATE RAIN!!!!!!

~ Lynn

The 206 is finally done C J Campbell Owning 5 December 22nd 04 03:30 AM
Bush finally admits it! noname Military Aviation 1 August 6th 04 11:31 AM
Finally! EDR Piloting 9 February 7th 04 02:15 PM
Finally got my medical back! Paul Tomblin Piloting 8 December 29th 03 10:51 AM
It’s finally ready! Joern Lillehagen Home Built 0 September 4th 03 02:11 AM