Zirforit?

Old October 11th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default Zirforit?

Anyone know who makes "Zirforit" seals? I think it's the name of some kind
of proprietary alloy, probably a company by the initials of E.D.E.C. but
have no other info and Google comes back with one and ONLY one match.

Juan

Old October 12th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

I know about CEDAM, but their sample cross reference database lists the
ziforit product as being a trademark of E.D.E.C.. I know the composition of
the alloy. I think E.D.E.C. is a French company, but I need to find out what
the initials stand for, because I think it is different than the software
company. They may be out of business, which is the same thing that happened
when I was looking for EYQUEM, manufacturers of ignition products for
automotive and aviation. The company was sold and the product lines split.

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:07:23 -0400, "Juan Jimenez"
wrote:

Anyone know who makes "Zirforit" seals? I think it's the name of some kind
of proprietary alloy, probably a company by the initials of E.D.E.C. but
have no other info and Google comes back with one and ONLY one match.

Juan

Yes, I do.

EDEC does not make it, EDEC is a small software company. EDEC's
English website is http://www.cedametal.com/us1.htm

EDEC makes Cedam. Cedam is a database that lets you compare alloys,
Zirforit is one of the alloys listed in their software. That's why
EDEC comes up when you search for Zirforit.

Zirforit is a very simple alloy, it's copper with .07% Zinc and .025%
lead.

Old October 12th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc
Richard Riley[_1_]

Juan Jimenez wrote:
I know about CEDAM, but their sample cross reference database lists the
ziforit product as being a trademark of E.D.E.C.. I know the composition of
the alloy. I think E.D.E.C. is a French company, but I need to find out what
the initials stand for, because I think it is different than the software
company. They may be out of business, which is the same thing that happened
when I was looking for EYQUEM, manufacturers of ignition products for
automotive and aviation. The company was sold and the product lines split.

Call 33 442752218 and ask them.

Old October 13th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
ps.com...

Call 33 442752218 and ask them.

yeah, that and about another 100 phones for various companies or
organizations with those initials

Anyway, I found the manufacturer I was looking for, CLAL-MSX.