Tony Condon JS3 - Downwind Hutchinson to Gulf Coast ... Now

Old April 19th 19, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default Tony Condon JS3 - Downwind Hutchinson to Gulf Coast ... Now

Follow on SSA Sailplane Tracker

https://www.ssa.org/sailplanetracker/default.asp?

Already east of Oklahoma City SSE bound. Should arrive by 6-7pm with 25kt tail wind.

Walt Rogers WX
Old April 19th 19, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 11:41:44 AM UTC-7, WaltWX wrote:
Follow on SSA Sailplane Tracker

https://www.ssa.org/sailplanetracker/default.asp?

Already east of Oklahoma City SSE bound. Should arrive by 6-7pm with 25kt tail wind.

Walt Rogers WX

And it's not in "Kate" his Standard Cirrus, Tony aka jet boy is flying a JS3 Jet this time. Can't recall if it's 15m or 18m.

Go Jet boy.
Old April 19th 19, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Frikkin cool.......he is known for....."going there......"..... kudos regardless of where he ends up.....!
Old April 19th 19, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Flying 18 meter today. Had a low scrape, dumped the water, but is up and has been moving again for a fair while.

Steve Leonard
Old April 19th 19, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Last Four hours GOES-16 0.5km visible video from takeoff up to 2119Z at Sunflower Aerodrome, Hutchinson (near Wichita, Kansas). Notice cloud streets up ahead! ... Looking good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwi3cs69s1...90419.mp4?dl=0

He's headed towards Lafayette, Louisiana. Last night Tony told me the destination planned airport, but I forgot the name. It's probably the last good aerodrome before the Gulf of Mexico.

Walt Rogers WX

Old April 19th 19, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Try this Dropbox link...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qopphfev8x...sco.mp4?dl= 0

Old April 19th 19, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

The naming and end time of the last videos was off in the filename. Try these...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qopphfev8x...sco.mp4?dl= 0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmvfoug1b4...sco.mp4?dl= 0

The last video shows stronger cloud cover in East Texas up ahead.

Walt Rogers WX

Old April 19th 19, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

The low scrape involved burning a couple gallons of diesel, unfortunately.

It was 1000km day and I was doing so so until I somehow fell out of the sky there. Once I got back up I decided might as well keep going since it was a kick-ass soaring day.

Climbed better without water, imagine that cranked the mc up to 4 And the Lx said I'd be to Abbeville LA by 7 pm just as TopMeteo predicted last night.

By Paris I was having issues with low batteries. Apparently the battery charger doesn't actually do that charging thing...

So I turned back towards my crew and landed at Antlers Oklahoma. He should be here soon and we'll be home tonight, late.

Sucks to let one slip away especially when I had the chance to do it in Leo's Js-3!

Old April 19th 19, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Tony turned around near Paris, TX to return toward home. Landed Antlers Municipal Texas. The weather and soaring did not look like it was a factor. Things looked good ahead. Some other unforeseen circumstance must have intervened.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwp0tbm9ok...sco.mp4?dl= 0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fm13tsbhk3...90419.jpg?dl=0

Here's a folder of all my graphics or videos today:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k8h4qvdla...XtSI6qa2a?dl=0

Walt Rogers WX