Restrictors for Sage Vario

Old May 15th 19, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Restrictors for Sage Vario

Anyone have any ideas on alternate restrictors for a Sage Vario? The usual sources don’t have them.

Thanks,
CM
Old May 15th 19, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 9:09:41 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Anyone have any ideas on alternate restrictors for a Sage Vario? The usual sources don’t have them.

Thanks,
CM

Bond a tiny tube like (hyperdermic needle) into a barbed fitting.
It's fun to experiment with the size of the tube. I turned one Winter mechanical into an averager with one botched restrictor.
Jim
Old May 15th 19, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

We used to put sections of pipe cleaner (center wire with fuzzy stuff on the outside) in the line to damp the motion if it was too jumpy.

https://www.amazon.com/Cleaners-Twis...82234112&psc=1

You can even color code to match the function. :-)

Steve Leonard

Old May 15th 19, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...ng/dnVRw0otmX8

Old May 16th 19, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I used cigarette filters and stuff them into the tubing. experiment with how tight you stuff for damping effect!
Old May 16th 19, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

You can still find cigarettes?

--
Dan, 5J
Old May 16th 19, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

It would be nice to have a cigarette up at base after a low save
Maybe I could put a ashtray on my panel next to the beer holder.
Would it be dangerous to smoke while using a nasal canula? Or should I just turn the O2 off while smoking? Gotta think safety first.

WTB Sage Vario GeneReinecke Soaring 8 September 14th 15 12:38 AM
Sage Vario [email protected] Soaring 3 April 25th 14 04:52 PM
FS Sage CVA Vario NG Soaring 11 February 21st 14 06:31 PM
WTB Sage Vario Sleigh Soaring 1 June 5th 04 02:55 AM
Sage Vario Robert Danewid Soaring 1 January 11th 04 08:38 PM