.cai files and windows 10

Old July 17th 19, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dennis Cavagnaro

Default .cai files and windows 10

I just got a windows 10 machine and I am having difficulty converting my .cai files from my Cambridge flight recorder using the caiolc conversion. I can’t drag the file out of the Cambridge Aero Explorer into a folder that I can access with the caiolc converter. Never had this issue with windows 7.

Help!

DC
Old July 17th 19, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 12:33:17 UTC-6, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
I just got a windows 10 machine and I am having difficulty converting my ..cai files from my Cambridge flight recorder using the caiolc conversion. I can’t drag the file out of the Cambridge Aero Explorer into a folder that I can access with the caiolc converter. Never had this issue with windows 7.

Help!

DC

Since you upgraded your PC do yourself a favor any upgrade your flight computer and enter the 21st century. You will be happy you did
Old July 17th 19, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dennis Cavagnaro

I would be happy if all badge and records can be submitted with any Oudie file and I have as many days as I would like to submit it. That said can you help me.

DC
Old July 17th 19, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 2:04:45 PM UTC-5, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
I would be happy if all badge and records can be submitted with any Oudie file and I have as many days as I would like to submit it. That said can you help me.

DC

I will check on what I have tonight, Dennis. I am currently zero for two on successful (green records) on OLC, but I think I know why on the two I have tried so far this year. I will be running a ground test soon to confirm.. But, I had the same initial issue in setting my machine up to handle log files.

I seem to recall getting some sort of message about I had t ask permission from the administrator of the computer. I think I have all the items in the "Downloads" folder that was created with the machine. I have a "CAI" folder there, that has Aero Explorer, and the conversion program in it. The conversion program now goes right to the folder of logs, and saves in the same place.

Steve Leonard
L-Nav, S-Nav, and Model 20 Driver
Old July 17th 19, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 3:42:46 PM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
[...]

If you get a "blue V" instead of a "green V" on OLC, no harm done. You still get the "points". So e.g. a flight log from XCsoar, Tophat, IGCdroid, etc are all OK for that.

The time limit for submission to OLC is an OLC policy and it does not matter in that regard what type of file you submit.
Old July 18th 19, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Looks like drag/drop doesn't work, but right-click Copy and Paste does. Give that a try.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old July 19th 19, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 2:33:17 PM UTC-4, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
I just got a windows 10 machine and I am having difficulty converting my ..cai files from my Cambridge flight recorder using the caiolc conversion. I can’t drag the file out of the Cambridge Aero Explorer into a folder that I can access with the caiolc converter. Never had this issue with windows 7.

Help!

DC

I have had a similar experience with a M20 Cambridge. The date problem was unfixed, so date is 1999. I couldn't download with SeeYou, but could with Aero Explorer. Couldn't right click copy/paste (it didn't work) and couldn't find the file with file explorer (or whatever it is called) in Win10. File displayed fine in AE. So, on a lark, I moved the file to "demo" in AE, then I opened the file with SeeYou, then saved into my desktop. So, it isn't the .cai file. So, the file is hidden somehow in W10. I'm not sure how to access it.

Hartley

POI files [email protected] Soaring 0 July 9th 15 08:55 PM
Converting LXN log files to IGC with Windows 7 64-bit 2NO Soaring 4 March 27th 12 09:27 PM
Successful conversion of .cai files to .igc files for OLC danlj Soaring 2 August 5th 07 02:45 PM
SUA Files Mike Hostage Soaring 1 November 17th 05 07:37 PM
IGC files Mal.com Soaring 0 February 24th 05 10:56 AM