ASW 27 wing tip wheels

Old August 24th 18, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default ASW 27 wing tip wheels

Added the parts list.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vr...0ILPkMcdEJ8C63

9B
Old April 5th 20, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Hawkins[_2_]

Hi Andy!

It’s been a couple of years since you posted this. I’ve been printing for a few months now but definitely still a newbie. However I decide to try to print your wing tip wheels just in plain PLA just to see what it looks like on my 27. Unfortunately, i have tried pulling the STL file into both Cura and FreeCAD. In each the models come up VERY small. There’s no measure tool in Cura but I was able to measure in FreeCAD and the length of the lower/larger parts measure around 2.74 mm. :-). So was wondering if A. I was doing something wrong or B) if you knew what scaling factor would bring the models up to the correct size for printing?

Thanks in advance!

-Mark
Old April 5th 20, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RR

Typically it is an inch/mm issue. If they are realy small, try scaling by 2540%. 1in = 25.4mm

Otherwise try 240% cm output.

It's the curse of "freedom units". I know, troll bait, but I dont have 12 fingers, or 3 arms, and unfortunately I dont have 5280 hairs on my head anymore, so I have switched to a logical system to the extent allowed...

RR
Metrologist by (former) trade.
Old April 5th 20, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Are you guys talking about a full size glider or a model?

My friend who has a -27b would love to have wing tip wheels but has been
told that it's too difficult given that it's a Standard Airworthiness
ship.* Is attaching tip wheels with double sided tape a no-no, a 337
mod, or simply a log book entry?

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 6th 20, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Hawkins[_2_]

Hi Dan!!

Yes I AM one or your “friends” out the airfield. :-). My my guess you are also talking about Miguel. I will let you know how things work out.

Later!

-Mark (IY)
Old April 6th 20, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If it doesn't require tools to install/remove, should be a non-issue as far as Standard a/w - that was the ruling for camera mounts &c.