Jay Honeck Ercoupe on a roof

Old July 11th 05, 12:30 AM

Default Jay Honeck Ercoupe on a roof

Hey Jay! We found an Ercoupe mounted on the roof of a gas station in
Wautoma, Wisconsin. I thought of you and your hotel immediately, of course.
Maybe you could do something similar. I'll post photos I took of it on
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation.
Scott Wilson
Old July 11th 05, 03:05 PM
Jay Honeck

Hey Jay! We found an Ercoupe mounted on the roof of a gas station in
Wautoma, Wisconsin. I thought of you and your hotel immediately, of
course.
Maybe you could do something similar. I'll post photos I took of it on
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation.

Thanks, Scott.

You're going to have a hard time competing with Steve's "Hangar Queens", but
I'll see if I can spot it!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
wrote in message ...
Scott Wilson

Old July 11th 05, 03:49 PM
Jim Burns

Jay,
Wautoma and that gas station are about 20 miles from my house. If you are
REALLY interested in it, let me know and sometime during OSH I'll drive you
over to take a look at it.
Jim

Old July 12th 05, 05:08 AM
vincent p. norris

You're going to have a hard time competing with Steve's "Hangar Queens", but
I'll see if I can spot it!

If you can't find an airplane for your roof, Jay, there's a big cow
(about four times life size) on the roof of a restaurant near here
that just changed hands; perhaps the new owner would let it go cheap.

Can't think of an aviation connection, but it IS eye-catching!

vince norris
Old July 12th 05, 07:09 AM
Montblack

("vincent p. norris" wrote)
If you can't find an airplane for your roof, Jay, there's a big cow
(about four times life size) on the roof of a restaurant near here
that just changed hands; perhaps the new owner would let it go cheap.

Can't think of an aviation connection, but it IS eye-catching!

Moo-ney
Steer-man

Cowsills had a song - We Can Fly

MontBlack Angus
Old July 13th 05, 04:44 AM
Morgans

"vincent p. norris" wrote

If you can't find an airplane for your roof, Jay, there's a big cow
(about four times life size) on the roof of a restaurant near here
that just changed hands; perhaps the new owner would let it go cheap.

Can't think of an aviation connection, but it IS eye-catching!

Put a big hang glider on it, and put it up! This is great!

You have all heard of the expression, "when pigs fly", right? It's only one
step to "when cows fly."

Come to think of it, I remember a little rhyme from my childhood. I lived
right next to a Black Angus farm. It goes:

Birdy, birdy, in the sky
Why'd you do that in my eye?

Birdy, birdy in the sky
Aren't you glad that cows don't fly?

I'll go to my room now. g
--
Jim in NC

Old July 13th 05, 10:54 PM
Mike Weller

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:08:31 -0400, vincent p. norris
wrote:

You're going to have a hard time competing with Steve's "Hangar Queens", but
I'll see if I can spot it!

If you can't find an airplane for your roof, Jay, there's a big cow
(about four times life size) on the roof of a restaurant near here
that just changed hands; perhaps the new owner would let it go cheap.

Can't think of an aviation connection, but it IS eye-catching!

vince norris

I've always thought that the true defintion of a cleptomaniac was the
fiend who stole the hotel hagars that have a little ball on top of
them so that you couldn't 'em hang up in anywhere but in a hotel, even
if you tried.

But, nooo, someone stole the Meadow Gold Cow from the middle of
downtown Huntsville Alabama. It was about (Oh let me guess, don't
stop me now) four times the size of a regular cow. It hasn't been
seen since.

Mike Weller