Buying Junk from Aircraft Spruce --- Or Putting Money Down a Rathole

Old February 1st 05, 11:04 PM
Morgans

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message
Plane Fun wrote...

I hope this information above clarifies these two issues for the
newsgroup.

Jim Irwin
President, Aircraft Spruce

It clarified one for me. But just to make sure, I tried to search
Aircraft Spruce's website for their privacy policy.

"Sorry. Nothing matched your search for PRIVACY. Please try a
different search.

You won't be getting any personal information, or cash, from me.

Dave 'CAFB' Hyde

Seems to me that Larry decided to air the dirty laundry in public, so it is
only fair that Aircraft Spruce reply in same.

This is in no way a show of support or rejection of the quality of the
service.
--
Jim (not an employee or yada, yada yada of ACS) in NC :-)

Old February 1st 05, 11:06 PM
Bob K.

Earlier, Dave Hyde wrote:

...It clarified one for me. But
just to make sure, I tried to search
Aircraft Spruce's website for their
privacy policy...

Interesting issue. I thought of that briefly, and then noted that Jim
(Irwin) carefully put double-quotes around "Larry" in his reponse. I
think that they'd only be breaching privacy if they use real names.

Old February 1st 05, 11:14 PM
Dave Hyde

Bob K. wrote...

think that they'd only be breaching privacy if they use real names.

It's not the first time he's done it and he has in the past used real
names.

Dave 'local but buying elsewhere' Hyde

Old February 1st 05, 11:28 PM
Greybeard

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:40:14 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

Dear Latchless Larry, (aka, matchless larry)

You say you have a way to get it tested, which, if you do, it will
brand you for the brainless fool you are. Nobody is going to do it
for nothing, and you sure as hell aren't going to be able to pay for
it. **** anyone you want, just don't try to **** someone that's spent
45 years with metalworking as a profession. Your statement about mild
steel doesn't stand up to any, oh, hell, three month apprentice.
Maybe a little study of the properties of alloy steel might clear the
**** from between your ears, but there's only one chance in a million
of that happening, even less that you'll actually study. 4130 is a
water hardening steel, and doesn't harden worth a **** in even oil.
1018, the common hardware store stuff, how hard to you want it? No
problem. 1045, heat it up and let it air cool, you won't be strong
enough to drive a drill into it.

Methinks Latchless Larry is trying in vain to prove that he doesn't
have his mommy thinking for him all the time. Chalk up another
failure, something he should be used to by now.

Greybeard
Old February 1st 05, 11:32 PM
COLIN LAMB

I wish to address the privacy issue. It appears that one or more people
feel that all of the transaction should be considered private and Aircraft
Spruce breached this right of privacy when it disclosed conversations
between a customer and Aircraft Spruce.

There is neither a common law nor a statutory right of privacy regarding the
conversations mentioned.

Certain financial information is protected by federal and or state law.
Similarly, most medical information is protected.

By custom, it would probably be considered in bad taste to discredit a
customer in public - unless that information is relevant to dispute harmful
claims made by a customer. In essence, truth is a defense.

For Aircraft Spruce, their reputation and integrity is their most valuable
asset and they have every right to protect and defend it in a public forum.
If that means making conversations with a customer public, after the
customer has given a different story, then it is proper to do so.

I am simply commenting on one of the issues raised. In regard to the
matters alleged, the reader will have to decide for themselves.

Colin N12HS

---

Old February 1st 05, 11:34 PM
Greybeard

On 1 Feb 2005 14:12:10 -0800, "Plane Fun" wrote:

Aircraft Spruce

Many of your read the comments posted by "Larry" regarding "buying
junk from Aircraft Spruce", and it is important that we state the facts
in the situation.

Wouldn't worry about Latchless Larry, he's one of those people that
makes more sense when he farts than when he opens his mouth. Most
dogs know more than he ever will.

Greybeard
Old February 2nd 05, 12:56 AM
jls

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message
Plane Fun wrote...

I hope this information above clarifies these two issues for the
newsgroup.

Jim Irwin
President, Aircraft Spruce

It clarified one for me. But just to make sure, I tried to search
Aircraft Spruce's website for their privacy policy.

"Sorry. Nothing matched your search for PRIVACY. Please try a
different search.

You won't be getting any personal information, or cash, from me.

Dave 'CAFB' Hyde

ASS doesn't have a privacy policy, only an invasion of privacy policy.
Several months ago idiot Jim Irwin published the names and private
identities of two people here in RAH who had nothing to do with one of ASS's
numerous bad transactions.

It's a niche business. Sure the prices in many cases are cheaper than
Wicks, but I've learned my lesson. If I can't find it at Wicks, I'll look
anywhere but at ASS.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:03 AM
jls

"Bob K." wrote in message
oups.com...
Earlier, Dave Hyde wrote:

...It clarified one for me. But
just to make sure, I tried to search
Aircraft Spruce's website for their
privacy policy...

Interesting issue. I thought of that briefly, and then noted that Jim
(Irwin) carefully put double-quotes around "Larry" in his reponse. I
think that they'd only be breaching privacy if they use real names.

If he were trying to protect privacy, why did he publish the names of
innocent parties to another of his soured transactions several months ago
right here in RAH? I know those two people. At least one of them despises
Irwin.

And is putting my real name in quotes supposed to protect my privacy?
laughter

Old February 2nd 05, 01:07 AM
jls

"Greybeard" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:40:14 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

Greybeard

Whoever you are nameless nobody, a man of steel and tool and die making this
afternoon described very clearly how to differentiate between 4130 and mild
steel. I googled with "ferrous metals" and "spark test" and he's right.

Who gives a ****e what YOU think; you're just a nobody.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:12 AM
Kyle Boatright

ASS doesn't have a privacy policy, only an invasion of privacy policy.
Several months ago idiot Jim Irwin published the names and private
identities of two people here in RAH who had nothing to do with one of
ASS's
numerous bad transactions.

It's a niche business. Sure the prices in many cases are cheaper than
Wicks, but I've learned my lesson. If I can't find it at Wicks, I'll look
anywhere but at ASS.

Which (IMO) has zero relevance to this instance. This time, good 'ol Larry
threw mud in a public forum and it blew right back and smacked him in the
face when the facts came out. No privacy issue whatsoever...