Phenolic sheet L grade - oddball thickness

Old February 5th 05, 04:51 PM
Carl Ellis

Default Phenolic sheet L grade - oddball thickness

I am looking for a small amount (6"x6") of .093" (3/32") thickness L grade
phenolic sheet. I can find 1/16" easily through ASS, McMaster Carr,
Aviall, etc. but not the desired thickness. Does anyone know of a source
for this?

Thanks,

- Carl -
Old February 5th 05, 04:56 PM
Juan Jimenez

Did you try these folks?

http://www.sdplastics.com/phenolic.html

They are in San Diego (CA) and it looks to me they carry a very wide
assortment of phenolic product.

Old February 5th 05, 05:00 PM
Carl Ellis

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 12:56:20 -0400, Juan Jimenez wrote:

Did you try these folks?

http://www.sdplastics.com/phenolic.html

Thanks Juan,

I did find them on the web and will call them on Monday. The operative
phrase here is "small amount". I'm not real excited about buying a whole
sheet for around $50 plus shipping unless I absolutely have to.

Maybe a salesman will be friendly and find me some scraps from the shop
8-).

- Carl -
Old February 5th 05, 10:10 PM
Juan Jimenez

You're welcome. Sorry, I didn't check the minimum order amount. It's worth a
shot.

If they won't sell you a small qty ask them if one of their customers will
do so.

Juan

Old February 6th 05, 12:00 AM
Carl Ellis

On 05 Feb 2005 23:46:21 GMT, B2431 wrote:

If it's not going to take any serious stress you can take two pieces of
phenolic and expoxy them together. I have done this many times for various
projects like light fixtures with no problems.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I am making an "owner produced part" for my aircraft so I'm trying to stay
as close as to the drawings as possible.

- Carl -