Regs regarding "VFR flight following?" (also: "need to vent")

Old October 31st 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Regs regarding "VFR flight following?" (also: "need to vent")

Ok. I have two questions for Steve, the guy who claims to be a
controller,

1- Is this correct??????

2- are you really a controller???

Ben

She was wrong. Ask for her phone number and have a calm, rational,

chat
with her (or her supervisor) on the phone after you land. ****ing contests
on the frequency never lead to anything good. Quote her the AIM, Chapter
3, section 2, paragraph 3-2-1-d, which say:

"VFR Requirements. It is the responsibility of the pilot to insure that ATC
clearance or radio communication requirements are met prior to entry into
Class B, Class C, or Class D airspace. The pilot retains this
responsibility when receiving ATC radar advisories. (See 14 CFR Part 91.)"

Roy Smith wrote:
"xyzzy" wrote:
Yup, I've even had a controller yell at me for asking her to confirm I
was cleared into Class Bravo after she vectored me into it. She said
"you have a squawk code, you're talking to me, you don't need anything
more!"

Old November 6th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Andrew Gideon

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:51:54 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

I think Steven said it best (paraphrasing): don't ask, just tell them
you're terminating radar services.

Yes, but...

I was on flight following on Friday, and said I was going lower (as I was
approaching my destination). The controller suggested I delay my descent
for arrivals. I could have descended anyway, but what's the point of VFR
advisories if one ignores the advice?

- Andrew

Old November 6th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave Butler[_1_]

Andrew Gideon wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:51:54 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

I think Steven said it best (paraphrasing): don't ask, just tell them
you're terminating radar services.

Yes, but...

I was on flight following on Friday, and said I was going lower (as I was
approaching my destination). The controller suggested I delay my descent
for arrivals. I could have descended anyway, but what's the point of VFR
advisories if one ignores the advice?

I didn't say you shouldn't ever accept advice from controllers. I was
responding to a situation postulated by the OP.

DGB
Old November 6th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
news

I was on flight following on Friday, and said I was going lower (as I was
approaching my destination). The controller suggested I delay my descent
for arrivals. I could have descended anyway, but what's the point of VFR
advisories if one ignores the advice?

To help spot traffic.