Need help in deciding in good headset

Old November 12th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default Need help in deciding in good headset

,

Lightspeed QFR XCc or its derivatives branded to pilot shops, e.g. at
www.avshop.com.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 12th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Buttman,

It costs about
a hundred bucks more, but I think it's worth it if it means I don't
have to fuss with batteries.

Please explain, I am genuinely interested: How can changing batteries
every 50 hours of operation be a "fuss" worth 100 $?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 12th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Peter,

MHO, it's the main problem with the Lightspeed headsets.

IMHO, it's a total non-issue. A matter of taste, maybe, but a deal
killer? Come on!

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 12th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Karl,

The major problem with the Lightspeeds is they can't be used in the co-pilot
position.

Major problem? Can't be used? Maybe you can't. Thousands others can. Oh, and in
the price range the OP talks about, the mic boom is reversible on the
Lightspeeds. You'll still reverse left/right, as with any stereo headset.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 12th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message

Steven,

No manufacturer provides better support of their products.

And you can back that statement up exactly how? Until you do, I'll say:
poppycock!

Based on your history in these forums, I think you'll say poppycock
regardless how I back up that statement.

Old November 12th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message

Major problem? Can't be used? Maybe you can't. Thousands others can. Oh,
and in
the price range the OP talks about, the mic boom is reversible on the
Lightspeeds. You'll still reverse left/right, as with any stereo headset.

So, Thomas..........

Just what aircraft do you fly from the right seat? No pro pilot would buy a
Lightspeed.

Karl

Old November 12th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Steven,

Based on your history in these forums, I think you'll say poppycock
regardless how I back up that statement.

Just back it up instead of backing out and we'll see.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 12th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Karl,

No pro pilot

I hurt your ego? Sorry.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 12th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Thomas,

My ego has been beaten by some of the best professional pilots in the
country, for decades.

An amateur, like yourself, can't make a dent.

Karl

Old November 12th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message

Just back it up instead of backing out and we'll see.

Easily done. I had a microphone fail on a DC headset that was five years
out of warranty. I shipped it off to them with a letter asking for an
estimate of the repair cost before they took any action. They didn't
respond to the letter, I got the headset back about a week later. They had
replaced the microphone as well as the ear pads (which I hadn't mentioned
and didn't think needed replacement) and shipped it back to me, no charge.
I've heard many similar stories from other pilots about David Clark, I can't
recall hearing any about any other headset manufacturer.