Need help in deciding in good headset

Old November 13th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default Need help in deciding in good headset

Steven,

I can't
recall hearing any about any other headset manufacturer.

Then I suggest you google this group a little. You'll both find reports
about most other manufacturers doing repairs for free as well as
reports on DC charging for repairs.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 13th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Buttman,

They
always seem to go out at the most inopportune times.

You have a point there. OTOH, two comments:

1. with a headset wired for ship's power, you lose the ability to hop
in a friend's plane and use your own headset.
2. changing batteries in flight takes all of 1 minute.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 13th 06, 10:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message

Then I suggest you google this group a little. You'll both find reports
about most other manufacturers doing repairs for free as well as
reports on DC charging for repairs.

Poppycock.

Old November 13th 06, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

1. with a headset wired for ship's power, you lose the ability to hop
in a friend's plane and use your own headset.

fyi - my DC ANR headset is panel-powered. However, I also have the
battery pack so I can use the headset in any aircraft.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old November 13th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Bob,

fyi - my DC ANR headset is panel-powered. However, I also have the
battery pack so I can use the headset in any aircraft.

That's a smart solution. Bose and Lightspeed don't offer that, AFAIK.
Not sure about Sennheiser, but I think it's either/or with them, too.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 13th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Steven,

Poppycock.

Time to get back to kindergarten, Stevie.

But ok, I'll do the research for you. Here are some examples. Yes,
that's what's called "backing up a statement".

Bela P. Havasreti wrote:

I just sent a 16-year old DC headset back for repairs (it had
intermittent wiring / audio problems). I bought it new 16 years ago.
Guess I ain't as lucky as some other folks here on the list, 'cause
DC offered to repair the headset for $79 + shipping (a 5-year
warranty time-span limit was mentioned in the "repair estimate"

e-mail
reply from a DC customer service representative).

Oh, good. Then it wasn't just me.

Simular story, although my story is dated as a couple of years ago. I
think the
era of DC "all fixed, no questions asked" policy is long past.

http://groups.google.de/group/rec.av...thread/thread/
f5b1d4161d693171/fd0fb20a1e476bdb?lnk=st&q=aviation+headset+repair+ poli
cy&rnum=5&hl=de#fd0fb20a1e476bdb

http://groups.google.de/group/rec.av...e_thread/threa
d/ba59517f8ff75a2e/054300ae8ef1e96e?lnk=st&q=aviation+headset+repair+ po
licy&rnum=6&hl=de#054300ae8ef1e96e

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 13th 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear sir,
I m starting my flight training very soon.

I need some help in deciding a wersatile headset.
my budget is 300 $

Thank u very much..

Pick up a used DC H10-40 somewhere for cheap and put in the noise cancelling
from Headsets, Inc. I have a set I did that to 15 years ago, still works
great!

Allen

Old November 13th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Thomas Borchert wrote:

Bela P. Havasreti wrote:

I just sent a 16-year old DC headset back for repairs (it had
intermittent wiring / audio problems). I bought it new 16 years ago.
Guess I ain't as lucky as some other folks here on the list, 'cause
DC offered to repair the headset for $79 + shipping (a 5-year
warranty time-span limit was mentioned in the "repair estimate"

e-mail

reply from a DC customer service representative).

Oh, good. Then it wasn't just me.

Simular story, although my story is dated as a couple of years ago. I
think the
era of DC "all fixed, no questions asked" policy is long past.

Same thing happened to me in 1998. Sent my H10-13.4 back to them for a
bent plug. They charged me for the plug and shipping.
Old November 14th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Thomas Borchert" wrote

1. with a headset wired for ship's power, you lose the ability to hop
in a friend's plane and use your own headset.
2. changing batteries in flight takes all of 1 minute.

Or, you could use rechargeable batteries, keep some on trickle charge, and grab
a fresh set and install them before you take off. Not much effort involved, and
you don't have to change them during flight.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 14th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:12:40 +0100, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Bob,

fyi - my DC ANR headset is panel-powered. However, I also have the
battery pack so I can use the headset in any aircraft.

That's a smart solution. Bose and Lightspeed don't offer that, AFAIK.
Not sure about Sennheiser, but I think it's either/or with them, too.

You can buy a panel-power cord and either/or the Bose too.