Meet Your NTSB Board

Old March 30th 21, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

Default Meet Your NTSB Board

Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0
Old March 31st 21, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0

Why do so many of the NTSB accident reports incorrectly claim that the towplane released the glider!? Not speaking of ptt accidents.
Old April 1st 21, 03:05 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony[_7_] View Post
Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0

Why do so many of the NTSB accident reports incorrectly claim that the towplane released the glider!? Not speaking of ptt accidents.
Very interesting regarding the qualifications of the NTSB board members. I don't think being current is overly important but the female member is listed on the FAA Airman Registry site as having a student pilots certificate. Maybe she is an accident reconstruction engineer? Not that she is identified as such. None are helicopter pilots and one might think that having at least ONE investigator with a helicopter background would be beneficial. I would think that an ATP/A&P type background would be important but that's just my opinion. I guess this is just another example of government officials in over their heads?

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot
Old April 1st 21, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

Actually, one of the main objectives in my aviation "career" (all of it unpaid) is to NEVER "meet" my NTSB Board.

Or insurance adjusters, assorted cops, firefighters, EMTs, ambulance drivers, angry landowners and emergency room doctors.

I would list the Coroner, but at that point, it's probably moot.
Old April 1st 21, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:43:09 PM UTC-6, Walt Connelly wrote:
'Tony[_7_ Wrote:
;1040575']On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 6:17:47 PM UTC-4,

--
Walt Connelly

Now you may understand why NTSB recommendations may not be enacted by FAA and other agency. Sometimes more political than actionable.
Old April 2nd 21, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:57:33 PM UTC-5, Mark Mocho wrote:
Actually, one of the main objectives in my aviation "career" (all of it unpaid) is to NEVER "meet" my NTSB Board.
Or insurance adjusters, assorted cops, firefighters, EMTs, ambulance drivers, angry landowners and emergency room doctors.
I would list the Coroner, but at that point, it's probably moot.

What Mark said!!

Lou
Old April 4th 21, 07:19 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

If you really want to see a failure to communicate and cooperate just try to manage representatives from the DOE, EPA, OSHA and the NRC at a nuclear power station all at the same time. Had to tell them I would accompany them all into containment but not one at a time, all at the same time. That went over like a fart in church. It was a rarity but it happened to me a couple of times where at least two or three showed up insisting on entry with a health physics escort. I could push back on EPA a bit but not the other three.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot