Need help in deciding in good headset

Old November 11th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Need help in deciding in good headset

Dear sir,
I m starting my flight training very soon.

I need some help in deciding a wersatile headset.
my budget is 300 $

Thank u very much..

Old November 11th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dear sir,
I m starting my flight training very soon.

I need some help in deciding a wersatile headset.
my budget is 300 $

Thank u very much..

David Clark. No manufacturer provides better support of their products.

Old November 11th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

David Clark. No manufacturer provides better support of their products.

I have to concur. For the money you have to spend they are rock solid
and will give you a long service life.

Later on, if you end up flying a whole lot you will probably take a good
look at the Bose X.... but by then hopefully you can justify the cost.

Old November 11th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear sir,
I m starting my flight training very soon.

I need some help in deciding a wersatile headset.
my budget is 300 $

Thank u very much..

If you want something rock solid that'll never break, there are plenty of
"vanilla" headsets out there for $200 bucks that'll do the job.

If you want higher performance, particularly ANR, look at the Lightspeeds,
although they are not as robust as DC's.

KB

Old November 11th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

In article ,
kontiki wrote:

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

David Clark. No manufacturer provides better support of their products.

I have to concur. For the money you have to spend they are rock solid
and will give you a long service life.

Later on, if you end up flying a whole lot you will probably take a good
look at the Bose X.... but by then hopefully you can justify the cost.

I like Peltor non-ANR headsets. I had a set that I used for 10 years.
I replaced them with a Bose X a while back just because I could, but
even having experienced those I still like my old Peltor set.

rg
Old November 11th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article .com,
" wrote:

Dear sir,
I m starting my flight training very soon.

I need some help in deciding a wersatile headset.
my budget is 300 $

Whatever you chose, remember that you can always
upgrade later (retaining your first set for a passenger or
selling it). In other words, don't agonize too much
over the purchase.

Good luck with your training.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old November 11th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Travis Marlatte

David Clark may be the defining headset but I don't find them worth the
extra money. I borrow a set occasionally becuase the hyped press gets my
interest renewed. In the end, I stay with my Sigtronics.

I find the Sigtronics to be a good value for the money - both passive and
ANR. I've had a pair of S-65's (passive) for about 8 years and a S-AR for
about 4 years. I just ordered replacement pads and windscreen because they
started disintegrating from use.

--
-------------------------------
Travis
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old November 11th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

The major problem with the Lightspeeds is they can't be used in the co-pilot
position. So along with being delicate, even a flight instructor would have
to fight the cords.

David Clark recognized this.

Karl