Solid State Gyro;s on Ipaq

Old October 13th 03, 11:45 AM
Ben Flewett

Default Solid State Gyro;s on Ipaq

Has anyone had any experience using a solid state gyro
through an Ipaq? If so, I would be most interested
to here from you re performance, reliability, etc.

I am also interested to know how this software cohabitates
with Winpilot. Do you have to shut down winpilot whilst
the AI software is running...?

Regards,

Ben.

Old October 13th 03, 05:15 PM
John Morgan

No on the Ipaq, but I do have an E-gyro ($450 USD) from
www.pcflightsystems.com which is a stand alone solid state gyro. They also
market a system for the Ipaq and were gonna come up with a stand alone AI.

I have compared the E-gyro to the AI in a Mooney, to the 1 minute needle and
ball in a Stemme and to the "panel page" on a Garmin 196 GPS. The E-gyro is
every bit as good as the other instruments in roll, but not quite as good as
an AI in pitch. If the pitot isn't iced up, it makes up for any inadequacy
in the E-gyro's pitch info.

Amazingly, the Garmin 196 panel page might well be good enough to fly an
instrument approach with, those this is not legal nor probably very smart. I
would feel comfortable using it in an emergency. I have an instrument
rating, but am not current.
--
bumper - ZZ
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

"Ben Flewett" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience using a solid state gyro
through an Ipaq? If so, I would be most interested
to here from you re performance, reliability, etc.

I am also interested to know how this software cohabitates
with Winpilot. Do you have to shut down winpilot whilst
the AI software is running...?

Regards,

Ben.

---

Backup AI (using solid state gyro) for portable Andrew Gideon Piloting 14 January 27th 05 08:41 AM
Backup AI (using solid state gyro) for portable Andrew Gideon Products 13 January 27th 05 08:41 AM
Solid State Gyro PaulH Owning 2 March 31st 04 03:41 PM
FA: 10 Watt - Solid State Digital VHF- Transceiver Unicom OH Aviation Marketplace 0 March 30th 04 02:29 PM
Solid State Backup AI Dan Truesdell Instrument Flight Rules 20 January 15th 04 09:53 PM