ECI or Millennium Cylinders?

Old May 13th 04, 02:35 PM
TripFarmer

Default ECI or Millennium Cylinders?

Trying to decide on these two. I've kind of ruled Lycoming out at this point
so I need some help on these two. If you know of an article or if you have
personal experience recently with either of these I'd appreciate your
thoughts. My plane is a PA28 235.

Feel free to e-mail me at

Thanks in advance.

Trip Farmer

Old May 13th 04, 02:45 PM
Jay Masino

TripFarmer wrote:
Trying to decide on these two. I've kind of ruled Lycoming out at this point
so I need some help on these two. If you know of an article or if you have
personal experience recently with either of these I'd appreciate your
thoughts. My plane is a PA28 235.

Just curious... why'd you rule out Lycoming? My mechanic seems to favor
them.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old May 13th 04, 03:01 PM
Ray Bengen

Aviation consumer has a very good article this month about the 4 cylinder
makers.

Lycoming and TCM don't do very well, but ECI & Millenium do.

Ray

Old May 13th 04, 06:22 PM
TripFarmer

Some like one and some like another. It's really a tough call
since you only do it every 10 years. I like what I'm hearing about ECI
and their experience and their warranty. They are actually a little
less than Lycoming, which surprised me. I want the best cylinder
no matter the cost. I hadn't even looked at cost until today and was
given $950 for ECI and $1,188 for Lycoming which surprised me but I
haven't even tried calling around.

Trip

In article , says...

Old May 13th 04, 07:40 PM
Dan Luke

"Gene Kearns" wrote:
I'll have to find and read the article. By the way, ECI makes
Lycoming's cylinders.

The article dinged Lycoming mostly for poor customer service.
Continental got dinged for poor quality.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old May 14th 04, 01:46 AM
Bob Fry

"Gene Kearns" writes:

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:01:04 GMT, "Ray Bengen" wrote:

Aviation consumer has a very good article this month about the 4 cylinder
makers.

Lycoming and TCM don't do very well, but ECI & Millenium do.

Ray

Hmmm... I'll have to find and read the article. By the way, ECI makes
Lycoming's cylinders.

http://www.aviationconsumer.com/pub/...sc/5334-1.html
Old May 14th 04, 12:00 PM
Thomas Borchert

TripFarmer,

Read the current issue of Aviation Consumer

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 14th 04, 01:27 PM
jls

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
"Gene Kearns" writes:

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:01:04 GMT, "Ray Bengen" wrote:

Aviation consumer has a very good article this month about the 4

cylinder
makers.

Lycoming and TCM don't do very well, but ECI & Millenium do.

Ray

Hmmm... I'll have to find and read the article. By the way, ECI makes
Lycoming's cylinders.

http://www.aviationconsumer.com/pub/...sc/5334-1.html

Thirteen bucks for me to read that Superior and ECI are better'n
Continental? Nope. No thanks.