SR-22 in northern NJ?

Old July 16th 03, 06:41 PM
TTA Cherokee Driver

Rod Madsen wrote:

My flying club (in Charlotte) has an SR-22. It gets a lot of use. That
doesn't do you much good in NJ though. I'm sure Cirrus knows where the club
planes are.

Does your flying club have a website or anyplace else to get more
information? I've heard rumblings from people at my flying club who
want get Cirrus planes, it worries me because they are so expensive. It
might be good to know of other flying clubs in the area that have them
in case the discussions get serious.

--
PP-ASEL
PA28-161

Old July 30th 03, 08:16 PM
Andrew Gideon

Guy Elden Jr. wrote:

Oh I probably don't need to be wooed... I'm pretty much sold on it based
purely on speed. I'd like to be able to fly down to Atlanta and back for
weekend visits with the family from time to time, and it seems that this
plane would be ideal for that. I'm not looking to buy one outright, but
would consider a partial ownership arrangement, or ideally for the
short-term, an FBO that has one available to rent.

Searching google groups, I found a post about a flying club in Charlotte
that had one that rented out for $150 / hr back in 2000 or 2001. That
sounded like an incredibly good deal, but I'm much more realistic in my
expectations for the local market.

Let me know when you purchase one and put it on leaseback. At a semi-decent
(or even not too indecent) price, I'll rent. And I already fly out of
CDW...

- Andrew