OLC - What is the Yellow on the barogram trace of a flight?

Old April 23rd 13, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC - What is the Yellow on the barogram trace of a flight?

Hello Everyone:

This past weekend when I submitted my flight data to OLC, my barogram trace has a lot of yellow peaks and the flight inititally refused to give me over 20 km.

Is this yellow denoting engine noise?

Kind of strange considering I was flying a 304C. No noise that I could hear - in fac tthe ship is the quietest I have flown.

Any thoughts?

Tim McAllister EY
Old April 23rd 13, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:41:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello Everyone: This past weekend when I submitted my flight data to OLC, my barogram trace has a lot of yellow peaks and the flight inititally refused to give me over 20 km. Is this yellow denoting engine noise? Kind of strange considering I was flying a 304C. No noise that I could hear - in fac tthe ship is the quietest I have flown. Any thoughts? Tim McAllister EY

yes its the noise.
Old April 23rd 13, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Leonard

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:41:37 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Everyone:

This past weekend when I submitted my flight data to OLC, my barogram trace has a lot of yellow peaks and the flight inititally refused to give me over 20 km.

Is this yellow denoting engine noise?

Kind of strange considering I was flying a 304C. No noise that I could hear - in fac tthe ship is the quietest I have flown.

Any thoughts?

Tim McAllister EY

My ClearNav had the same problem with bad noise levels in the flight log. It had to go back to the factory for adjustment.

For OLC, you can override the start and end of unpowered flight when you submit the flight claim.

-Dave
Old April 23rd 13, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

There also seem to be certain frequencies that trip ENL warnings. My BS1 would get a low rumble with the side window open, and it would trip the ENL on the Cambridge. Don't remember if it also showed up when uploaded to OLC.

What logger?
Old April 24th 13, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ooops... Meant to say it with a ClearNav MFD.

EY