Valid OLC log out of SN-10b

Old June 11th 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Archer

Default Valid OLC log out of SN-10b

I cannot get a valid OLC flight out of my SN-10b. I purchased the glider a
few months ago, have flown a few flights and all are invalid on OLC.
Prior to download the SN-10 security routine runs and approves the file.
OLC tells me the file error message on his end says Signature Missmatch
and he believes that it is a software issue, recommending me to get the
original software that came with the SN-10, install it and try again.
Unfortunately I don't think I can do that, bought a used glider with the
SN-10 already installed.

All of the SN-10 data transfer utilities I'm using for the SN-10 I
downloaded off the internet, pasted it onto the club laptop that I use to
download. So my question is, does anyone have a similar experience with
their SN-10b? Is it possible that I need to download the software off the
internet onto the actual computer I use for downloading? Will loading the
software differently somehow help? Anything else that it might be?

Thanks for any help,

Kestrel #33 OZ (yes it flies again)

Old June 11th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Jim,

Check to see what firmware version the SN10b is running. If it is not
version 2.31 you can get a free upgrade he
http://www.ilec-gmbh.com/software.htm

That is likely to fix the problem.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old June 11th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 11, 1:43 am, Jim Archer wrote:
[...]

The ILEC SN10 is not an IGC-approved secure logger,
so you will not get a "green smiley" on OLC for a log
produced by an ILEC SN10. The flights are not "invalid",
they are just at a "different security level". See:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0..._jsp=rules_olc
for an explanation.

If you are having a problem different than this, please
post (or contact me) a more precise discussion of the
issue you see...

Hope this helps,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"