Elevator for Schweizer 2-22

Old December 4th 11, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve

Default Elevator for Schweizer 2-22

I'm looking for an elevator for a Schweizer 2-22.

Steve Vihlen
901-488-3154

Old December 4th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Did you realize that if Ella Fitzgerald had married Darth Vader, she
would have been.............

Ella Vader?

Hope you find your needed part.

Boggs

Old December 5th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 3, 10:48*pm, Steve wrote:
I'm looking for an elevator for a Schweizer 2-22.

Steve Vihlen
901-488-3154

This is the same as used on 2-33 whcih widens the search field. Larry
Stahl in Petersburg WV area has a lot of these type parts.
Good luck -
UH
Old December 5th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve

On Dec 5, 7:43*am, wrote:
On Dec 3, 10:48*pm, Steve wrote:

I'm looking for an elevator for a Schweizer 2-22.

Steve Vihlen
901-488-3154

This is the same as used on 2-33 whcih widens the search field. Larry
Stahl in Petersburg WV area has a lot of these type parts.
Good luck -

Hi Hank,

Thanks for the info. I talked to Larry and he was very helpful. BTW,
Larry said the elevators are different between the two aircraft.
Apparently, some of the 2-33 elevators are weighted.
The dimensions look the same however.
Steve
SV
Old December 5th 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 5, 11:29*am, Steve wrote:
On Dec 5, 7:43*am, wrote:

On Dec 3, 10:48*pm, Steve wrote:

I'm looking for an elevator for a Schweizer 2-22.

Steve Vihlen
901-488-3154

This is the same as used on 2-33 whcih widens the search field. Larry
Stahl in Petersburg WV area has a lot of these type parts.
Good luck -

Hi Hank,

Thanks for the info. I talked to Larry and he was very helpful. BTW,
Larry said the elevators are different between the two aircraft.
Apparently, some of the 2-33 elevators are weighted.
The dimensions look the same however.
Steve
SV

Part number for 2-33 elevator is 19G800-10A for SN 1-499 and 19G800-6A
for 500 and up. Difference is the lead weight.
If you can ID the PN used on the 2-22, you would be good to go. I'm
betting on the one with the weight.
Note that all are 1-19 based parts.
CU
UH
Old December 7th 11, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Dec 5, 8:29*am, Steve wrote:

Thanks for the info. I talked to Larry and he was very helpful. BTW,
Larry said the elevators are different between the two aircraft.
Apparently, some of the 2-33 elevators are weighted...

Interesting! I've been around 2-33s a lot, and I have never noticed a
difference in the elevator between older and newer ones. I know that
the 2-33 has an unbalanced rudder and the 2-33A has a mass balance at
the top of the rudder, but I'm pretty sure the elevators have all
looked the same. Maybe the weights they are talking about are inside
the fuselage.
Old December 8th 11, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 7, 6:15*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Dec 5, 8:29*am, Steve wrote:

Thanks for the info. I talked to Larry and he was very helpful. BTW,
Larry said the elevators are different between the two aircraft.
Apparently, some of the 2-33 elevators are weighted...

Interesting! I've been around 2-33s a lot, and I have never noticed a
difference in the elevator between older and newer ones. I know that
the 2-33 has an unbalanced rudder and the 2-33A has a mass balance at
the top of the rudder, but I'm pretty sure the elevators have all
looked the same. Maybe the weights they are talking about are inside
the fuselage.

Nope- they are a piece of lead sheet wrapped around the trailing edge
at the center rib. Uneeded carry over from 2-22.
They make the railing edge heavier- go figure.
UH
Old December 8th 11, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Dec 7, 4:42*pm, wrote:

Nope- they are a piece of lead sheet wrapped around the trailing edge
at the center rib. Uneeded carry over from 2-22.
They make the railing edge heavier- go figure.

Thanks, Hank, that makes sense. Well, actually, it doesn't make sense,
but I'm sure you're right.

Bob K.

(USA) WTB: ASW-27 elevator Tuno Soaring 1 May 12th 10 02:48 AM
Looking for Schweizer 1-34 None[_2_] Soaring 0 January 31st 10 06:27 PM
Schweizer 1-36 Jack Soaring 4 July 3rd 05 04:17 AM
FS: Schweizer 1-34, Schweizer Open Trailer F.L. Whiteley Soaring 2 April 10th 04 02:52 AM
K-13 TO k-7 elevator Vassilios Mazis Soaring 1 August 31st 03 07:25 PM