Finally!

Old February 6th 04, 01:47 PM
EDR

Default Finally!

I just received the latest issue of SPORT AVIATION.
New Piper has finally announced their version of the flat panel.
Better late than never.
BTW... it's only for the six seat aircraft (at this time).
Old February 6th 04, 02:56 PM
Jay Honeck

I just received the latest issue of SPORT AVIATION.
New Piper has finally announced their version of the flat panel.
Better late than never.

Yeah, you've got to wonder why they waited so long.

But, then, I wonder about EVERYTHING Piper does -- starting with why no one
from Piper apparently ever monitors these groups.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 6th 04, 07:11 PM
Gilles KERMARC

EDR wrote:

BTW... it's only for the six seat aircraft (at this time).

You mean I have to add 4 seats in my Cub ? :-)

Old February 6th 04, 07:19 PM
Scott

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I just received the latest issue of SPORT AVIATION.
New Piper has finally announced their version of the flat panel.
Better late than never.

Yeah, you've got to wonder why they waited so long.

But, then, I wonder about EVERYTHING Piper does -- starting with why no

one
from Piper apparently ever monitors these groups.

O.K., now that Piper has finally introduced your dream machine, you've both
put down deposits, right? Right?...

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Old February 6th 04, 07:37 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Scott" wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I just received the latest issue of SPORT AVIATION.
New Piper has finally announced their version of the flat panel.
Better late than never.

Yeah, you've got to wonder why they waited so long.

But, then, I wonder about EVERYTHING Piper does -- starting with why no

one
from Piper apparently ever monitors these groups.

O.K., now that Piper has finally introduced your dream machine, you've both
put down deposits, right? Right?...

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

My pet eagle made a deposit at Piper years ago!
Old February 6th 04, 08:05 PM
Dave Stadt

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I just received the latest issue of SPORT AVIATION.
New Piper has finally announced their version of the flat panel.
Better late than never.

Yeah, you've got to wonder why they waited so long.

But, then, I wonder about EVERYTHING Piper does -- starting with why no

one
from Piper apparently ever monitors these groups.

Do they have computers?

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 6th 04, 09:33 PM
EDR

In article , Dave Stadt
wrote:

Do they have computers?

Only the designers of the original Malibu, but they are early to
mid-1980's machines. Maybe Windows v1.0, pre-Internet Explorer.
Old February 7th 04, 03:26 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

But, then, I wonder about EVERYTHING Piper does -- starting with why no one
from Piper apparently ever monitors these groups.

Oh, they monitor these groups. They've seen so many people talk about how ridiculous
it is to spend 160K and more for a new plane and how Cessna hasn't improved a damn
thing in the new 172 and how the 172 is the same old 30 year old design, and they've
come to the conclusion that they might just as well build planes the way they always
have, 'cause you guys aren't going to buy them anyway.

George Patterson
Love, n.: A form of temporary insanity afflicting the young. It is curable
either by marriage or by removal of the afflicted from the circumstances
under which he incurred the condition. It is sometimes fatal, but more
often to the physician than to the patient.
Old February 7th 04, 04:54 AM
Jay Honeck

Oh, they monitor these groups. They've seen so many people talk about how
ridiculous
it is to spend 160K and more for a new plane and how Cessna hasn't

improved a damn
thing in the new 172 and how the 172 is the same old 30 year old design,

and they've
come to the conclusion that they might just as well build planes the way

they always
have, 'cause you guys aren't going to buy them anyway.

Sounds like the winning strategy that American Motors Corporation used.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 7th 04, 02:15 PM
Dan Luke

"EDR" wrote:
New Piper has finally announced their version of the
flat panel. Better late than never.

It's a miracle they're still in business.

Picture the emergency meeting at New Piper where they tried to deal with
the fact that Cessna sold out a year's production of piston singles
practically overnight by introducing the flat panel option.That had to
cost NP some sales. Wonder what the guy who turned down the Garmin deal
the first time had to say.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM