So Whudj'all get for Christmas?

Old December 27th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon[_4_]

Default So Whudj'all get for Christmas?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
No one in my family would have known what that was, or where to buy
it!

Jay, you are blessed to have a family where flying doesn't have to be worked
*around* but instead enjoyed *with.*

Merry Chrsitmas.

Marco

Old December 27th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Dec 25, 10:19*pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
For the plane, of course... *;-)

[snip]
Was Santa good to you? *Get any cool gadgets?
--

My wife bought me a new headset (AVCOMM, stereo, a step up from my old
one, but more importantly I now have 3 so I can take 2 people with me

I got a couple of books.

Then my wife blew me away. She gave me a nice letter and a check for
my instrument training!

As soon as this work proposal I'm wokring on is done (mid January),
I'm calling my instructor and mapping out a plan!

John
PP-ASEL
Old December 28th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Jay Honeck wrote:

Get any cool gadgets?

A teevee remote I had to program thru the internet via USB...

???

What's *that* about?

Its k3wl...
Old December 28th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blanche

New bathroom sink to replace the rusted, cast iron sink 25+ years old
and fixture.
New kitchen sink to replace worn cast iron sink 25+ years old,
fixture and disposal.
New hot water heater (replacement for 16 year old unit) on order,
probably installed sometime next week.

Oh - you meant for the putt-putt? A new battery. Exciting, right?

Old December 28th 07, 09:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

Got a Zulu from my wife. After 3.5 hours yesterday and today (IFR, most
of it in the sunshine on top of really bad murk, I might add) I am
extremely happy with them.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 28th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Well, in looking around everyone got enough goodies to make them mad
with happiness... I haven't gotten anything special YET but I expect
the Visa and Mastercard statements any day now...

As far as Fat ALbert, ye crusty old mechanic hasn't found room in the
shop but hopes to within a week or so... The Lycoming jugs are piled
with care in hopes that an overhaul soon will be there...

denny
Old December 28th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Got a Zulu from my wife. After 3.5 hours yesterday and today (IFR, most
of it in the sunshine on top of really bad murk, I might add) I am
extremely happy with them.

You suck! (And I mean that in a good way... :-)

I'll be waiting for the "long-term PIREPs" with baited breath. My
next chance to actually try/buy a pair will be (maybe) Sun N Fun or
(for sure) OSH '08...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 28th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

As far as Fat ALbert, ye crusty old mechanic hasn't found room in the
shop but hopes to within a week or so... The Lycoming jugs are piled
with care in hopes that an overhaul soon will be there...

Ah, yes -- the gift that keeps on giving.

You certainly win the "most expensive" competition...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 28th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

I'll be waiting for the "long-term PIREPs" with baited breath.

That might be detrimental to your health ;-)

We had a Bose in the cockpit, too, and one thing I noticed was that
Lightspeed has completely hidden the wires going from earcup to earcup.
Nice touch! The construction is very sturdy, I expect it to hold up
well. That said, I never had any problems with my 20k, so I do seem to
treat my headsets well.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 29th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Where did you get it and how much AMU?

http://www.planeplastics.com/windlace.asp
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Christmas Eve LWG Piloting 0 December 25th 07 01:09 AM
Merry Christmas Dudley Henriques[_2_] Piloting 11 December 20th 07 03:17 PM
christmas soon... [email protected] Home Built 0 December 19th 07 11:42 AM
Christmas presents [email protected] Soaring 0 December 27th 04 05:26 PM
CGC Christmas Dinner Neil Goudie Soaring 0 November 10th 03 10:10 PM