If You Value Your Freedoms.........

Old May 14th 04, 04:32 AM
Dave Stadt

Default If You Value Your Freedoms.........

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
wrote in :

rip wrote:

visit this website
http://www.gadefensefund.org/
and make a donation if you can. These folks are almost single-handedly
fighting the spreading NIMBY syndrome that has pilots being PERSONALLY
sued for flying legally.

If AOPA feels as strongly as the proponents, then AOPA should raise the
money and take over the legal defense.

Absent that, I have to really wonder.

This is not an AOPA fund, this is a general and sport aviation fund. AOPA
is in fact helping to raise the money by doing what rip is doing, getting
the word out. Rather than wondering, read the material on the web site!

Juan

EAA has jumped into the battle also.

Old May 14th 04, 01:02 PM

Juan Jimenez wrote:

wrote in :

rip wrote:

visit this website
http://www.gadefensefund.org/
and make a donation if you can. These folks are almost single-handedly
fighting the spreading NIMBY syndrome that has pilots being PERSONALLY
sued for flying legally.

If AOPA feels as strongly as the proponents, then AOPA should raise the
money and take over the legal defense.

Absent that, I have to really wonder.

This is not an AOPA fund, this is a general and sport aviation fund. AOPA
is in fact helping to raise the money by doing what rip is doing, getting
the word out. Rather than wondering, read the material on the web site!

Juan

I read the AOPA editorial. It dealt with the size of N numbers and Boyer's
view that it increasing the size of numbers would make noise suits easier.
Boyers article did not deal with the specifics of any noise suit or fund
raising event.

I read some of what is on that rather self-serving web site. I couldn't get
through it all nor was I so inclined. I don't do well with UFO web sites or
TWA Flight 800 evil plot web sites either.

Repeating myself: if AOPA very specifically endorses this particular fund
then the effort would get my attention.

Old May 14th 04, 10:21 PM
Blueskies

..
wrote in message ...

Juan Jimenez wrote:

wrote in :

rip wrote:

[...]

My feelings also...

--
Dan D. AOPA 3616944 / EAA 696326
http://www.ameritech.net/users/ddevillers/start.html

Old May 15th 04, 12:22 PM

Juan Jimenez wrote:

This is not an AOPA fund, this is a general and sport aviation fund. AOPA
is in fact helping to raise the money by doing what rip is doing, getting
the word out. Rather than wondering, read the material on the web site!

I know, and that makes it have at least the appearance of being subjective
and self-serving. I pay AOPA to help me decide about such issues. All Boyer
commented about was large N numbers making noise suits easier. Flying at
conservative altitudes and having AOPA legal insurance seems the best
investment for most of us.

Old May 16th 04, 02:01 PM
George A. Graham

On 16 May 2004, Lou Parker wrote:

Let me see if I have this right. Someone is worried about hearing an
aircraft 1000's of feet above them for 10 seconds, but it's okay for
the icecream man to play the music from the sting for 2 hours every
afternoon in my neighborhood.

My sympathies, Lou.

My home is near Bradenton/Sarasota airport, under the pattern actually.
We must fly below 1600 feet when departing per Tampa/McDill AFB control.
At night, I am jarred from a sound sleep whenever an airplane flys over.
I am also bothered by a loud Harley Davidson at full throttle at 3:30am
(must be closing time).

I wonder that any pilot is so inconsiderate, to offend their neighbors,
perhaps millions of them, in order to go somewhere in the middle of the
night. But, they (we) are, often enough.

When you reach 55 years old, you can move into a senior park here in
Florida. No ice cream trucks

George Graham
RX-7 Powered Graham-EZ, N4449E
Homepage http://bfn.org/~ca266