Mystery lines on NY VFR terminal chart

Old May 22nd 05, 01:38 AM
Ron Garret

Default Mystery lines on NY VFR terminal chart

The Coney Island crash got me to dig out my NY VFR terminal chart (not
used much as I live in LA) and there's an odd thing on it that I've not
seen before. There are five darkish blue lines radiating out to the
edge of the chart from the boundary of the class B airspace on the LGA
071 142 231 270 and 328 radials. These lines are otherwise unannotated
and there's no explanation of what they are in the legend. They kind of
look like class B boundary lines, but they are just a shade darker, and
they go out to the edge of the chart, well beyond where the class B end.
What are these?

rg
Old May 22nd 05, 02:39 AM
Gary Drescher

"Ron Garret" wrote in message
The Coney Island crash got me to dig out my NY VFR terminal chart (not
used much as I live in LA) and there's an odd thing on it that I've not
seen before. There are five darkish blue lines radiating out to the
edge of the chart from the boundary of the class B airspace on the LGA
071 142 231 270 and 328 radials. These lines are otherwise unannotated
and there's no explanation of what they are in the legend. They kind of
look like class B boundary lines, but they are just a shade darker, and
they go out to the edge of the chart, well beyond where the class B end.
What are these?

They delineate regions of different NY Approach frequencies (see the
approach-frequencies table on the chart).

--Gary

Old May 22nd 05, 02:39 AM
Doug Parker

Look on the information panel just to the left of the TAC map under
the Class B, C ,TRSA & Radar App Ctrl frequency section. Those radial
define areas where Class B radio communications are on different
freqencies.

Doug

Old May 22nd 05, 05:07 AM
Ron Garret

wrote:

The Coney Island crash got me to dig out my NY VFR terminal chart (not
used much as I live in LA) and there's an odd thing on it that I've not
seen before. There are five darkish blue lines radiating out to the
edge of the chart from the boundary of the class B airspace on the LGA
071 142 231 270 and 328 radials. These lines are otherwise unannotated
and there's no explanation of what they are in the legend. They kind of
look like class B boundary lines, but they are just a shade darker, and
they go out to the edge of the chart, well beyond where the class B end.
What are these?

rg

Ah! Thanks! (The LA TAC should get some of those :-)

rg

This week's AW&ST: apparently THAAD will have some ABM (as in anti- *ICBM*) capability. Scott Ferrin Military Aviation 29 August 31st 04 04:20 AM
Denver Terminal Area Chart Question - BVR vor/dme Robert Easton Piloting 35 February 8th 04 04:07 AM
12 Dec 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 December 13th 03 12:01 AM
Alternator type terminal gix Owning 4 December 11th 03 06:16 PM
Anyone have experience with InterAv alternator flyer Home Built 6 October 19th 03 03:24 AM