And The Winnah Is...

Old January 10th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default And The Winnah Is...

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Congrats on the Hawk's Nest Montblack!
I know of a guy that could put together a drive-n-fly package to get your
butt down to IOW. Infact, I'd suggest booking it for the pre-OSH party!
(putting a little pressure on Jay to have it done by then! )

Thanks.

If I owned a bar in that college town I'd call it the Hawk's Nest. Maybe
*that* should be the name of the suite! Oh, oh ...My prize! My prize!

Montblack

Mr. Parker: "It's a Major Award!"
Swede: "Shucks I wouldn't know that. It looks like a lamp."
Mr. Parker: "What is a lamp, you nincompoop? Tt's a Major Award. I won it!"
Swede: "Damn, hell, you say won it?"
Mr. Parker: "Yeah, mind power, Swede; mind power."
- A Christmas Story (1983) g

Old January 10th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

George Patterson wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

Well, I generally only use the bottom half anyway. I amost never walk
on the ceiling! :-)

I think you won't like it much if Jay lowers the ceiling to 4'. :-)

You think he would go to that much trouble just for me? ;-)

Matt
Old January 10th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message ups.com...
A Big Congrats to Montblack!

The Monk

Yes, Congrats Montblack!

Old January 10th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

(".Blueskies." wrote)
Yes, Congrats Montblack!

Thank you.

Montblack
Old January 10th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Whiting wrote:

You think he would go to that much trouble just for me? ;-)

Well, it *would* give you half a suite! :-)

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 11th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Burns wrote:
Congrats on the Hawk's Nest Montblack!
I know of a guy that could put together a drive-n-fly package to get your
butt down to IOW. Infact, I'd suggest booking it for the pre-OSH party!

That's about the only way MontBlack is going to make the pre-OSH
party...if someone flies him there...or if he happens to get that
turbo-Ercoupe certified LSA. He *could* always drive the airplane of
minivans but that would mean no cold drink prepositioning for everyone's
arrival (bad idea).

Hmmm, MontBlack winning eh? How come this sounds like the EAA airplane
giveaway where some local guy always seems to win? :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old January 11th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Hmmm, MontBlack winning eh? How come this sounds like the EAA airplane
giveaway where some local guy always seems to win? :-)

That's a riot!!

The 2005 EAA/Oshkosh Cherokee 140 was won this year by a guy less than 4
miles from me - as the crow flies. 5 miles by car.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?O16E2327C
(Mapquest driving directions ...wait for it)

ANE is visible east of me/Start on the map.
(Major intersections were used)

Mississippi River separates us. Canoes and small boats - no more barges up
by us.

I don't know where he keeps it, Crystal (MIC) or Anoka-Blaine (ANE), or
somewhere else?

Montblack

Old January 11th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Montblack" wrote

The 2005 EAA/Oshkosh Cherokee 140 was won this year by a guy less than 4
miles from me

Do I recall that the guy had to hurry and get a medical and start lessons,
or else he would forfeit the plane?
--
Jim in NC

Old January 11th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Morgans" wrote in message
news

"Montblack" wrote

The 2005 EAA/Oshkosh Cherokee 140 was won this year by a guy less than 4
miles from me

Do I recall that the guy had to hurry and get a medical and start lessons,
or else he would forfeit the plane?
--
Jim in NC

Jim,

I think you are remembering the Sporty's Skyhawk raffle from last year or
possibly the year before.

The winner had to go out and get a third class medical/student certificate
within a couple of hours of the call or else Hal was going to move on to the
next name.

Jay B

Old January 11th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Morgans" wrote)
Do I recall that the guy had to hurry and get a medical and start lessons,
or else he would forfeit the plane?

Hadn't heard that. I did read this guy plans to keep the plane (2005
EAA/Oshkosh Sweepstakes) 1969 Piper Cherokee 140

Montblack