Idiotic News Reporters

Old October 12th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom Conner

Default Idiotic News Reporters

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Greg Farris wrote:
In article ,

snipped poor Michael's information

I'm hoping the Sports Star status of the victim will help
to "de-villainize" the whole thing in the general public's
mind, and divert some attention away from the "dangerous GA"
theme.

No, it makes it worse. GA killed a "celebrity".

What this accident did is bring GA to the public's attention. The 99.9% of
the public that does not deal with GA never really thinks about GA until
something like this happens to bring it to their attention. However, once
their attention is focused on the subject then they start to wonder why
"these little planes" can just fly whenever and wherever they want with no
restrictions.

The problem we are going to have from this accident is that Boyer and others
are going to say that GA is no threat. Yet, the public has just seen an
apartment complex on fire from a little plane "slamming" into it. Now that
they are thinking about the subject someone is going to start wondering what
would happen if the plane had been full of explosives and the target was
some public gathering. Expect people to start postulating on the
destructive power of a VLJ fully loaded with explosives. I doubt if Boyer
is going to be able to pull his magic over this crash. At the very least,
the DC no-fly area will increase in size, and maybe other cities will be
included.

Old October 12th 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Jon Kraus wrote:
Yes he is a pilot, and he owns a '92 Mooney Ovation:

I don't think that's the same guy. Mayor Bloomberg owns a Falcon 900.
It flew into Bridgeport, CT (BDR) once or twice while I worked there in
operations. It's registered in the Bahamas - I doubt he'd own a Mooney.

Old October 12th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Kraus

You are incorrect... He owns a 1992 Mooney Bravo tail # N504MB. No soup
for you!! ;-)

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ UMP

Old October 12th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Sylvain wrote:
Ron Snipes wrote:

They are all trying to get on the air First...who cares if the info was
bogus. First it was supposed to be a helicopter.

I am waiting for the report from Jon Stewart on the 'The Daily Show';
the last news source you can trust on tv...

Or Colbert! G
Old October 12th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Jon Kraus wrote:
Yes he is a pilot, and he owns a '92 Mooney Ovation:

Name: : BLOOMBERG, MICHAEL RUBENS

Airman Certificates : Private Pilot
Airplane Single and Multi Engine Land
Rotorcraft Helicopter
Instrument Airplane

Wow!! Fixed and rotor!

Very cool.
Old October 12th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

He is a billionaire and can afford it.

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
m...
| Jon Kraus wrote:
| Yes he is a pilot, and he owns a '92 Mooney Ovation:
|
| Name: : BLOOMBERG, MICHAEL RUBENS
|
| Airman Certificates : Private Pilot
| Airplane Single and Multi
Engine Land

Old October 12th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Houghton

Howdy!

In article et,
Tom Conner wrote:

[snip]

The problem we are going to have from this accident is that Boyer and others
are going to say that GA is no threat. Yet, the public has just seen an
apartment complex on fire from a little plane "slamming" into it. Now that
they are thinking about the subject someone is going to start wondering what
would happen if the plane had been full of explosives and the target was
some public gathering. Expect people to start postulating on the
destructive power of a VLJ fully loaded with explosives. I doubt if Boyer
is going to be able to pull his magic over this crash. At the very least,
the DC no-fly area will increase in size, and maybe other cities will be
included.

MacPaper (USAToday) ran an editorial today that went down that
path with the scare-mongering and such. They also ran a rebuttal
from Phil Boyer.

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
Bowie, MD, USA |
http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad
Old October 12th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Jon Kraus wrote:
You are incorrect... He owns a 1992 Mooney Bravo tail # N504MB. No soup
for you!! ;-)

Gee, lucky for me I don't like soup G Interesting pairing, a Falcon
900 and Mooney. Probably because of his understanding of aviation,
Mayor Bloomberg hasn't been screaming for TFRs over NYC - Unlike some
other asswipe mayor of another large midwest U.S. city...