Delorme Link

Old May 10th 13, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Fidler[_2_]

Default Delorme Link

Does have the 18M nats delorme link for tracking? the SSA tracking is really feeble.
Old May 11th 13, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Friday, May 10, 2013 2:22:29 PM UTC-6, Robert Fidler wrote:
Does have the 18M nats delorme link for tracking? the SSA tracking is really feeble.

F2 is the only one flying with InReach. He's been on the sailplane tracker as the only glider with altitude, but I think he's headed for Mifflin shortly.

It's not the SSA tracking that's feeble, it's Spot.
Old May 12th 13, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

https://share.delorme.com/SeanFidler

This is the link to my personal tracking page with Delorme InReach aviation data plan.

Delorme provides:

1 minute update cycles vs. 10 for spot :-(
Airspeed - spot nada
Altitude - spot nada
Heading - spot nada

Spot is really designed for people on hikes moving slowly along in remote area's.

Delorme is better suited for aviation.

The experience of following a flight with 1 minute updates, heading, altitude and airspeed is far more enjoyable, meaningful and FUN that watching spot. My experience is that very few people even bother watching spot tracking flights because it is so boring. If we all had InReach it would be much more fun to follow along.

Just sayin...

Sean

Old May 12th 13, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:04:47 AM UTC-6, Sean F (F2) wrote:
https://share.delorme.com/SeanFidler

This is the link to my personal tracking page with Delorme InReach aviation data plan.

Delorme provides:

1 minute update cycles vs. 10 for spot :-(

Airspeed - spot nada

Altitude - spot nada

Heading - spot nada

Spot is really designed for people on hikes moving slowly along in remote area's.

Delorme is better suited for aviation.

The experience of following a flight with 1 minute updates, heading, altitude and airspeed is far more enjoyable, meaningful and FUN that watching spot. My experience is that very few people even bother watching spot tracking flights because it is so boring. If we all had InReach it would be much more fun to follow along.

Just sayin...

Sean

Watching 2 pigeons trying to have sex in a Wal Mart parking lot is more entertaining then watching anyone with an InReach or Spot flying around............IMHO!

Just sayin...........

#711.
Old May 12th 13, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Regarding the statement that watching a SPOT or DeLorme inReach units are
boring to watch...

I agree that watching a single tracking page is not all that exciting.

What it gets fun (in my opinion) is when you are at a contest and you can
view all the pilot's trackers on a large projection on the way. That makes
it much more fun for the people that are back at the airport. They can see
how you're doing and compare it to the other competitors. I was very fun
watching all the competitors at the WGC in Uvalde last summer. It would
have been a lot more fun if they had 1 minute tracking intervals rather than
10 minute tracking intervals.

The other time it is fun is when following a great pilot on an epic flight
adventure. I very much enjoyed following Gordon Boettger on his recent
long-distance downwind wave flight. I was so glad that his friends copied
me on the adventure. It was a bummer when his SPOT stopped working and
would have been more fun if he had used a unit with 1 minute tracking.

Of course, I'm biased because I sell SPOT and DeLorme products. But I also
use them. I can't wait to get my new InReach SE in a few days.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

DeLorme inReach Paul Remde Soaring 8 February 12th 13 07:26 PM
Any user reports on Delorme Inreach? Steve Koerner Soaring 8 March 16th 12 06:51 PM
Report on DeLorme PN-60w SPOT Jet Pilot Soaring 4 November 28th 10 06:55 PM
OLC - 2008 - DO NOT USE 2007 URL LINK, or current ssa.org link [email protected] Soaring 1 October 25th 07 05:37 PM
Delorme Earthmate GPS for Aviation? Andrew Sarangan Piloting 5 January 22nd 06 10:42 AM