For sale: Nice ASK-13

Old October 2nd 04, 10:45 AM
Stephen

It might be helpful to mention what part of the world you are in.

You don't say where you're from, but looking at your message headers it
seems it's the USA. Those outside the USA, particularly in Europe,
stereotype Americans as lacking in knowledge about the rest of the world.
This is reinforced by posters who assume that the readers of their post will
also be in the USA. You see this with posts like "how many hours do I need
to fly to keep my license?", "where can I buy a 2 inch widget?" or "For
sale: Ford F250" without mentioning which country they are in. It seems the
boot is on the other foot now.

Unfortunately, because you couldn't work out which country uses the .no
suffix or the LN registration prefix, the stereotype has just got a bit
stronger.

Old October 4th 04, 11:23 PM
Tim Mara

This glider...and many others are listed with pictures on
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/want_ads.htm
as a general note....gliders do seem to be selling rather well for the "off
season" the new listings for want-ads changes daily..several are being
listed and several are being sold...there is little rhyme or reason to what
types are selling as they range easily from very old to very new
gliders.....buyers are, however, seemingly well educated..gliders listed for
"over market" prices are not being sold, but those nice ones and those
priced well sell rather quickly. It also appears that very few new gliders
of any type are selling well... it could just be that we've reached somewhat
of a market saturation....most manufacturers never planned on what they
produced 30-40 years ago still being around..and still being enjoyed by
many...
tim

"Asbjorn Hojmark" wrote in message
city.dk...
On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 10:45:09 +0100, "Stephen" ]
wrote:

Unfortunately, because you couldn't work out which country uses the .no
suffix or the LN registration prefix, the stereotype has just got a bit
stronger.

I happen to know that LN, .no, and +47 all mean Norway, but I
totally agree that it's good karma to mention what part of the
world you're referring to when writing in international groups.

-A
(Who is in Denmark)
--
The Usenet Sect -- Resistance is futile. You will assimilate ò-|