$7.42/gallon avgas

Old November 2nd 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default $7.42/gallon avgas

More to the point M, do you have a better and as convenient location to
check Avgas prices around the county?

"M" wrote in message
ups.com...
Airnav.com fuel prices come from user input. And your point is that
the fuel price at Atlantic Aviation at TEB is not $7.42? That's
possible, but what it is then?

gpsman wrote:

I don't think it would be wise practice to count on airnav.com as a
source of reliable and current information.
-----

- gpsman

Old November 2nd 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"gpsman" wrote in message
oups.com...

[PLONK]

Old November 2nd 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

gpsman wrote:

"I don't think it would be wise practice to count on airnav.com as a
source of reliable and current information."

With my new information I would add; *especially* if their fuel prices
are derived from "user input".

I have used Airnav for two cross country trips, one in 2005 from NY to
California, up to Colorado, and back to NY, and one in 2006 from NY to
Colorado and back.

Both times all fuel stops that I had chosen from Airnav were priced exactly
as Airnav user input stated them to be.

--------- insert flame here ------------------

--
Peter
Old November 2nd 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Grumman-581 wrote:

Good point, but that also holds true for a good portion of the
northeast... Hell, it's not like you're going to find decent BBQ in NYC
-- they can't even pronounce "Houston" correctly...

I have to chuckle when someone claims that they can't find decent food
in NYC. Clearly not from personal experience even if it is in jest.
Have you ever been to Virgil's or Daisy May's? NYC has some of the best
eating in the world, you just need to know where to look. Seeking out
good eats is a city-wide pasttime here.

Now "pricing" is a whole 'nother matter...

Marco

Old November 2nd 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"M" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Airnav fuel report says the highest avgas price in the country
right now is $7.42.

Bend over, grab your ankles...

It didn't take long to find out where. Atlantic Aviation at Teterboro
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/KTEB). $7.42 a gallon, that's
breathtaking!

Not surprising... Figured it had to be up there in the NE somewhere... Hell,
they even charge landing fees up that away -- something pretty much unheard
of down here in the civilized South...

Old November 2nd 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Marco Leon" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have to chuckle when someone claims that they can't find decent food
in NYC. Clearly not from personal experience even if it is in jest.
Have you ever been to Virgil's or Daisy May's? NYC has some of the best
eating in the world, you just need to know where to look. Seeking out
good eats is a city-wide pasttime here.

Sorry, but you can't get *real* BBQ outside of Texas... The best that you
can hope for is that the imitation might not be completely unpalateable...
BBQ is a religon in Texas... We know *everything* about it and the rest of
the country knows ****... Don't believe me? Well, just ask us...

Old November 2nd 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

You, know who holds the world record on price ??? well the highest I have
ever seen!!

Nasasuraq Greenland about $13.00 a Gallon for 100LL last time I was there.

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/report.html

Old November 2nd 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Marco Leon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Grumman-581 wrote:

Good point, but that also holds true for a good portion of the
northeast... Hell, it's not like you're going to find decent BBQ in NYC
-- they can't even pronounce "Houston" correctly...

I have to chuckle when someone claims that they can't find decent food
in NYC. Clearly not from personal experience even if it is in jest.
Have you ever been to Virgil's or Daisy May's? NYC has some of the best
eating in the world, you just need to know where to look. Seeking out
good eats is a city-wide pasttime here.

Now "pricing" is a whole 'nother matter...

You poor lose soul. He wasn't talking about food. There is plenty of great
food in NYC. He was talking about BBQ. BBQ is a religious talisman that can
only be properly prepared within the borders of Texas. You could take the
best BBQ priest and take him to NYC with a cow and all his tools and magical
items and while the output might taste good it still wouldn't be BBQ. BBQ is
the reason we allow Texas to even be in the United States. BBQ is made from
cow not pig. BBQ is the reason I live in Arkansas (exactly 1 hour and 47
minutes from real BBQ) and not Texas, because if I lived in Texas it is all
that I would eat. BBQ is the reason I'm building an airplane so I can get to
BBQ quicker without having it too close by. BBQ is well BBQ.

Old November 2nd 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
You poor lose soul. He wasn't talking about food. There is plenty of great
food in NYC.

Ahhh, but is it good enough to make it worth having to associate with
New Yorkers?

He was talking about BBQ. BBQ is a religious talisman that can
only be properly prepared within the borders of Texas.

Finally! Someone who truly understands!

I was down in Miami quite a few years ago and one of the locals
suggested a particular restaurant as having the best BBQ in town...
Their idea of BBQ was to have the meat cooked in an electric oven and
then have a BBQ sauce poured over it prior to serving... That's not BBQ,
that's just a roast with sauce on it...

Of course, besides that point, Florida seems to think that *pig* is
BBQ... As every Texan knows, *real* BBQ is not just *beef*, but beef
*brisket*...
Old November 2nd 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
You poor lose soul. He wasn't talking about food. There is plenty of
great food in NYC.

Ahhh, but is it good enough to make it worth having to associate with New
Yorkers?

Just barely.

He was talking about BBQ. BBQ is a religious talisman that can only be
properly prepared within the borders of Texas.

Finally! Someone who truly understands!

I was down in Miami quite a few years ago and one of the locals suggested
a particular restaurant as having the best BBQ in town... Their idea of
BBQ was to have the meat cooked in an electric oven and then have a BBQ
sauce poured over it prior to serving... That's not BBQ, that's just a
roast with sauce on it...

Of course, besides that point, Florida seems to think that *pig* is BBQ...
As every Texan knows, *real* BBQ is not just *beef*, but beef *brisket*...

What your ate was Bar-B-Q, Bar-B-Que or the worst which is barbeque. While
some of these can taste OK or even good they aren't BBQ.

Avgas Coming Down? Jon Kraus Owning 60 September 11th 06 06:15 PM
Avgas plummets! Doug Vetter Piloting 24 December 16th 05 01:54 AM
Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM