Airports and Air Strips Diego Garcia.jpg (1/1)

Old October 20th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J.F.

Default Airports and Air Strips Diego Garcia.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diego Garcia.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	18239
Old October 20th 07, 12:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

(J.F.) wrote in news:EvcSi.8861$sm6.7965
@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diego Garcia.jpg (129.8 KB, 46 views)
Old October 20th 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

That shot is as old as the hills...

JT

Old October 20th 07, 09:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

That one in your proof sheet is reversed.

JT

Mitchell Holman wrote:

(J.F.) wrote in news:EvcSi.8861$sm6.7965
@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

begin 644 Diego Garcia.jpg

Attachment decoded: Diego Garcia.jpg
`
end

Old October 20th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote in message

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Mitchell Holman wrote:

(J.F.) wrote in news:EvcSi.8861$sm6.7965
@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diego Garcia.jpg (1.4 KB, 38 views)
Old October 21st 07, 07:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

:

begin 644 Diego Garcia.jpg

Attachment decoded: Diego Garcia.jpg
`
end

Ah! Good old French Frigate Shoals. Back in the old days of chasing
Soviet missile launch telemetry boats around the Pacific, FFS was "The"
place to be. Can you say crowded with three (count 'em) Three C130's
packed with "stuff" sitting there at one time just like an aircraft
carrier early morning launch of the dawn patrol.

Cheers,

Dave

PS: Fishing was great....

You musta bin thar' during the "monkey" dayz.

By the mid 1980's, most buildings were prestressed concrete, paved roads
and even a sizable operational terminal building.

JT

(Two contracts: 1989-90 and 1992-93)

It seems we have two places being mentioned here. Diego Garcia and French
Frigate Shoals. I am sure JT's above comments refer to Diego Garcia. I
personally don't remember anything I would call roads on the French Frigate
Shoals airfield which measures only 3,000' by 500'. (See attached Google
Earth file.)

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Ye'r exactly correct.

I gotta blame ol' Dave fer cluttering up my mind...

JT

Old October 21st 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Mitchell Holman wrote:

[...]

Mind, Mind? now where did I put that? Must have been those Military
Intelligence "HemiSynch" and Remote Viewing (GRILL PLATE) experiences.

Cheers,

Dave