A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Episode #7 of The Thermal Podcast is now out

Old December 4th 19, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Herrie ten Cate[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Episode #7 of The Thermal Podcast is now out

Episode #7 of The Thermal is now out and available on most podcast providers including iTunes, Google Play and Spotify.

In this Episode of The Thermal, we take a look at weather forecasting and how to figure out that perfect 500 km day.

We speak to Matthew Scutter, the man behind SkySight. The fantastic weather app for glider pilots. He’ll tell us the story behind this app, that has become indispensable for many pilots.

We also speak with Andrew Blum – the author of The Weather Machine – A Journey Inside the Weather Forecast. We talk about the art of weather forecasting and where we are today.

On Gliding Club Confidential, we go to the Netherlands and the Deelen Gliding Club. Simon van den Eijkel or Flying Simon as he’s known to some will tell us all about his club.

And finally a mystery glider that was hiding in plane sight (pun intended). What is it and where did it come from? That and a whole lot more on episode #7 of The Thermal Podcast.

Old December 4th 19, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 1:27:08 PM UTC-5, Herrie ten Cate wrote:
Episode #7 of The Thermal is now out and available on most podcast providers including iTunes, Google Play and Spotify.

In this Episode of The Thermal, we take a look at weather forecasting and how to figure out that perfect 500 km day.

We speak to Matthew Scutter, the man behind SkySight. The fantastic weather app for glider pilots. He’ll tell us the story behind this app, that has become indispensable for many pilots.

We also speak with Andrew Blum – the author of The Weather Machine – A Journey Inside the Weather Forecast. We talk about the art of weather forecasting and where we are today.

On Gliding Club Confidential, we go to the Netherlands and the Deelen Gliding Club. Simon van den Eijkel or Flying Simon as he’s known to some will tell us all about his club.

And finally a mystery glider that was hiding in plane sight (pun intended). What is it and where did it come from? That and a whole lot more on episode #7 of The Thermal Podcast.

Thanks Herrie. Also listenable and downloadable from he
http://thethermalpodcast.libsyn.com/website/2019
Old December 6th 19, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, 4 December 2019 14:29:52 UTC-5, wrote:

If you don't, or haven't yet done podcasts, now is the time, and this is the podcast to justify figuring it out. I use one on my phone and listen while working ut in the gym. A better choice than Amazon Music.
Old December 6th 19, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 9:35:44 PM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:

If you don't, or haven't yet done podcasts, now is the time, and this is the podcast to justify figuring it out. I use one on my phone and listen while working ut in the gym. A better choice than Amazon Music.

Yeah I've listened to some of Herrie's podcasts while driving to the gliderport, gets my mind ready, eh?

There are a lot of ways to "do" podcasts. The subscription services are fine for those who like that approach. I download the mp3 file (from the web page that I linked to above). If I copy the file to my phone I can listen to it on the go.
Old December 18th 19, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 10:23:47 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 9:35:44 PM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:

Yeah I've listened to some of Herrie's podcasts while driving to the gliderport, gets my mind ready, eh?

There are a lot of ways to "do" podcasts. The subscription services are fine for those who like that approach. I download the mp3 file (from the web page that I linked to above). If I copy the file to my phone I can listen to it on the go.

I've enjoyed all 7 of the previous episodes, Herrie, really looking forward to #8 and hope we'll see you in Little Rock in February!