Hangar dolly for heavy glider

Old February 28th 13, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Hangar dolly for heavy glider

I have a customer looking for hangar dolly for heavy
glider (Antares). Anything that works for Duo, Arcs,
DG-500/1000, or similar will probably work. Anybody
know of commercial fabricators of such things, or
a used one available ?
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave
Old February 28th 13, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Anybody ever used either of these ?
http://www.pacificaerosport.com/products.htm
http://www.zendextool.com/gojak/
Old February 28th 13, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Dave Nadler wrote:
Anybody ever used either of these ?
http://www.pacificaerosport.com/products.htm
http://www.zendextool.com/gojak/

The gojack works great on trailers but I've never used it on a glider. It
would probably work but you do need some free space for the foot pedal.

Pete
Old February 28th 13, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Additional info: 900 lb weight on main-wheel...
Old February 28th 13, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:29:45 AM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
Anybody ever used either of these ?

http://www.pacificaerosport.com/products.htm

http://www.zendextool.com/gojak/

Dave,
I have the dolly from Pacific Aerosport and it works great for my LAK-17B FES which has an empty weight of 752 lbs. Would it work for 900 lbs? My guess is "yes," but you may want to call them to confirm....
Thx - Renny
Old February 28th 13, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:35:47 AM UTC-6, Dave Nadler wrote:
Additional info: 900 lb weight on main-wheel...

Tim Mara sells a version of the GoJack. You will notice from the pictures on his site and the ones direct from the GoJack site that the jack is tilted on the glider version, to get the lever out away from the fuselage.

I haven't used either, so I can't say anything about the functionality or durability. The big advantage of the GoJack is that you don't have to push the glider onto it. You park the glider, bring the dolly up to it, pick the glider up with the dolly, and off you go.

Steve
Old February 28th 13, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 2/28/2013 7:29 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:
Anybody ever used either of these ?
http://www.pacificaerosport.com/products.htm
http://www.zendextool.com/gojak/

$80 at Harbor Freight - #67287

No idea about the quality.

email me)
Old February 28th 13, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:52:58 AM UTC-5, Steve Leonard wrote:
The big advantage of the GoJack is that you don't have to push the glider
onto it. You park the glider, bring the dolly up to it, pick the glider up
with the dolly, and off you go.

Us cool pilots don't push gliders, we taxi under electric power ;-)
Old March 1st 13, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

I have them here
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page46.htm

tim

Old March 1st 13, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Dave,

We bought the Pacific Aerosport jack for our club and use it to lift our 505 and K-21's. It does the job - no problem.

Glider Main Wheel Dolly Jim[_18_] Soaring 0 March 9th 11 05:19 PM
ETA glider landing with heavy front wind in Rieti, videoclip PCool Soaring 2 October 1st 09 03:10 PM
Glider Hangar Tie-Downs V1 Soaring 0 March 19th 09 03:09 PM
Club Glider Hangar? noel.wade Soaring 33 January 14th 08 11:47 PM
Ideal Glider Hangar Dimensions SGS135 Soaring 3 November 28th 04 12:04 AM