Schleicher Logo

Old May 1st 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

Default Schleicher Logo

Hey does anyone have a high quality electronic version of the
Schleicher Logo? I'd like to make a Vinyl decal for the tailgate on my
Ka-6 trailer.

Thanks

Pete
Old May 2nd 09, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On May 1, 1:08*pm, vontresc wrote:
Hey does anyone have a high quality electronic version of the
Schleicher Logo? I'd like to make a Vinyl decal for the tailgate on my
Ka-6 trailer.

Thanks

Pete

Most of the Schleicher PDF marketing collateral has EPS artwork
embedded. Any competent creative person will be able to quickly scale
that and cut you a logo. (However some places might question your
right to use that content).

Darryl
Old May 2nd 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This may help. If you go to www.asw15.org and register for free, then
you can download the asw logo's....not sure if that is what you want.
I did it and printed it in vinyl for my glider. worked great. You
may be able to just cut out the 15 out of the asw-15 logo...

email me at liv2soar at yahoo dot com if you want me to send that
document.
Old May 2nd 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On May 1, 5:36*pm, wrote:
This may help. *If you go towww.asw15.organd register for free, then
you can download the asw logo's....not sure if that is what you want.
I did it and printed it in vinyl for my glider. *worked great. *You
may be able to just cut out the 15 out of the asw-15 logo...

email me at liv2soar at yahoo dot com if you want me to send that
document.

A sign store will be able to cut beautiful sign vinyl to make a logo
that will look like it came from the factory (although the factory now
uses the bendy wing ASH-25 image in vinyl on it's trailers). Is the
logo you are offering in vector format? e.g. EPS? or a PDF containing
this vector logo? All I could see on the download section was image
(i.e. non-vector) files. The logo used the ASW-15 website itself has
problems with line thickness and other things and is not a good match
to a real Schleicher logo.

Again, use something like the ASH-31Mi brochure and show that to a
decent sign store and point at the Schleicher logo in white and tell
them how big and what color you want it and they can scale that EPS
code from the brochure.

I don't recall the exact color match. I'm sure Schleicher specify
their logo's in RAL colors, maybe something like Traffic Blue? I don't
recall - you'll need to find a US vinyl that is close. You might ask
the sign store for some samples and compare to some at the glider
port. Ask them to show you 3M Intense Blue and samples for other blues
near that. If they cut something else besides 3M film, ask to see
blues they that would match to 3M Intense Blue or near Pantone 300. If
colors matching is important to you don't rely on looking up colors on
the web, unless you understand color calibration/color workflows.

Apply the film wet - using a spray bottle of water with a slight
amount of detergent in it to wet the trailer and gently squeegee out
the water. The sign store should give you lots of advice.

Darryl
Old May 2nd 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Apply the film wet - using a spray bottle of water with a slight
amount of detergent in it to wet the trailer and gently squeegee out
the water. The sign store should give you lots of advice.

Non citrus detergent... 10-15 drops/pint...

-Paul
Old May 2nd 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Just spray the surface with a light film of Windex and gently sqeegee out
the excess.

This is how I applied the picture on the back of my trailer and contest
numbers on the its' fin. It is also how I applied the contest numbers on my
HP-14.
(http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/HP...P-14_6F_5a.jpg)

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old May 2nd 09, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

"sisu1a" wrote in message

Apply the film wet - using a spray bottle of water with a slight
amount of detergent in it to wet the trailer and gently squeegee out
the water. The sign store should give you lots of advice.

Non citrus detergent... * 10-15 drops/pint...

-Paul

Ah no. Use Dawn dish washing liquid or similar like Paul says - you
want the extra slip of the detergent, but it's mostly there to act as
a wetting agent and will do that much better than the ammonia the
Windex. But if you like paying extra money for no reason knock
yourself out. BTW there is no reason to have ammonia based glass
cleaner around a glider, I sure hope that is not going on a canopy.

--

Also don't sweat trying to squeegee out every last small bubble. The
over squeegeeing can destroy a decal - just leave those bubbles there.

Darryl
Old May 2nd 09, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

"sisu1a" wrote in message

[...]

Darryl,

I guess I was lucky. Both Roger Frank and the local sign shop instructed me
to use Windex. Maybe the fact my applications were on a metal trailer and
metal glider were relevant in the recommendations.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Airline Logo Easy_Listening General Aviation 2 December 8th 07 11:58 PM
Copyright logo Pjmac35 Aviation Photos 6 May 22nd 07 12:07 PM
Digitized AS logo chipsoars Soaring 0 February 27th 05 06:00 PM
Looking for the old Glasflugel Logo fcuk'n Soaring 4 January 1st 05 04:29 AM
Soaring logo Some Soaring 0 December 29th 03 11:10 AM